Cabin changed - no discussion - no compensation

Mollys dad

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Never had to pay a surcharge on Princess to select a specific cabin.

I haven't actually booked with them on line and certainly have no intention of ever sailing with them again so won't have the chance to try.  However a look at their online system does show the option for them to choose or for you to pick your own.  Remember we are talking online, you I believe use a specific travel agent so wouldn't be affected or need to be warned.

I've been looking at a lot of cruises on a lot of lines in the past few weeks for March next year.  I can assure you that a great many are charging more online to choose a cabin.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, Megabear2 said:

Anyone affected tried a call to ABTA?

ABTA are a waste of time.  They will always side with travel company.

They will not say it's an unfair contract that you pay for something which they promise and then won't refund difference.

Only way to get resolution , after you have exhausted p&O complaints is small claims online (mcol).  Argue that you paid extra for your chosen cabin , they should refund difference.

8 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

They will always side with travel company

That's rather sweeping!  They certainly aren't siding with Princess on my problems, rather trying to open a proper communication channel.

Unless people try we will  ever know for sure.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I haven't actually booked with them on line and certainly have no intention of ever sailing with them again so won't have the chance to try.  However a look at their online system does show the option for them to choose or for you to pick your own.  Remember we are talking online, you I believe use a specific travel agent so wouldn't be affected or need to be warned.

I've been looking at a lot of cruises on a lot of lines in the past few weeks for March next year.  I can assure you that a great many are charging more online to choose a cabin.

I booked 2 Princess cruises online yesterday and chose my rooms without having to pay extra.

I have just been back to their site and made a dummy booking choosing to option to let them choose a room and gone through to the payment page and the cost is exactly the same as I booked at yesterday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I booked 2 Princess cruises online yesterday and chose my rooms without having to pay extra.

I have just been back to their site and made a dummy booking choosing to option to let them choose a room and gone through to the payment page and the cost is exactly the same as I booked at yesterday.

That is my experience as well. I do a dummy booking and select the cabin I want, and note the price.

I then contact my TA, and tell them the number of the cabin. The price they quote me is always the same as the online price. They then apply their discount,  so I normally end up paying around £90 less than the official Princess price.  

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That is my experience as well. I do a dummy booking and select the cabin I want, and note the price.

I then contact my TA, and tell them the number of the cabin. The price they quote me is always the same as the online price. They then apply their discount,  so I normally end up paying around £90 less than the official Princess price.  

Okay you win! I'm not really interested in Princess or it's current policies and therefore bow to your superior knowledge.  I was not intending in any way to say one line was better than others and to be frank was attempting to help P&O guests understand how they end up with select fares with guarantee cabins.

• Thanks 1