B2B w/ Canada Being Second Cruise

KATHYMAC68

19 hours ago, brillohead said:

(And I really don't mind the questions one bit -- we all have to learn somehow, and I like helping people have as stress-free a cruise as possible!)

I always have said the best thing about cruising is the people! They are such a friendly, helpful bunch. You are a shining example of how one person can make a positive difference in the quality of life for many.

I allow myself to get way too stressed over things, am trying not to be "glass half empty" over the testing for both Bermuda, then Canada. Celebrity and NCL have dropped Bermuda for Oct/Nov. Many are peeved at Canada for the ArriveCAN, which is causing long queues at auto crossings and hurting tourism. Sad they are singling out cruise pax for continued testing.

Ah, the good 'ole days, when one just packed and got on the ship!

• Thanks 1

This thread has been bothering me.  We are on Anthem TA, leaving Southampton 10/17 and stopping in Halifax on 10/25.  We test no more than 3 days before sailing. I knew we needed ArriveCAN but after reading this thread thought we might need another test. I've gone back to Canada's covid restrictions page.  It specifically says no test needed to enter Canada  y car, plane or marine.  I don't think you need to worry.   

On 9/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, brillohead said:

Online, you can check in on the Cruise Planner (website) or on the App starting 45 days before you sail.

This is where you can enter your passport and credit card details, emergency contact information, etc.

If you check in online for each leg of your trip, they have everything in the system already and just hand you the new card for the next leg.  If you haven't entered all the information yet, they have to do that manually.  Some ships seem to be able to transfer the info over magically, other ships seem to have to retype/rescan everything.  I find it ever so much simpler to just do it myself in advance.

Do we still need to do that health questionnaire the day before the second leg?

19 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Do we still need to do that health questionnaire the day before the second leg?

We  fill  it out (takes 10 seconds) and are often asked the questions at sone point during the turn around process. 

You will need to watch the safety drill again and go to the muster station for clearance. 

m

• Like 1

11 hours ago, njkruzer said:

This thread has been bothering me.  We are on Anthem TA, leaving Southampton 10/17 and stopping in Halifax on 10/25.  We test no more than 3 days before sailing. I knew we needed ArriveCAN but after reading this thread thought we might need another test. I've gone back to Canada's covid restrictions page.  It specifically says no test needed to enter Canada  y car, plane or marine.  I don't think you need to worry.   

Please Google "Canada cruise ship COVID testing" or similar. Cruise pax have to be tested. Other modes of travel do not. You need a test prior to the cruise. Those on B2B cruises need a test onboard if Canada is second cruise.

46 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Please Google "Canada cruise ship COVID testing" or similar. Cruise pax have to be tested. Other modes of travel do not. You need a test prior to the cruise. Those on B2B cruises need a test onboard if Canada is second cruise.

That's confusing.  I Google Canada covid restrictions and it says no testing. Confused.  If test needed, how far in advance?  

Ok Googled as suggested.   They require antigen test 2 days before sailing but Royal says 3 days is ok!  Crazy.  Also, as I said, it's 8 days between sailing and arrival in Halifax.  That could make the test taken 2-3 prior to sailing worthless.  These instructions are definitely contrary to other Canadian restrictions on another page which says no test if arriving by marine.  

Edited by njkruzer

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

That's confusing.  I Google Canada covid restrictions and it says no testing. Confused.  If test needed, how far in advance?  

Ok Googled as suggested.   They require antigen test 2 days before sailing but Royal says 3 days is ok!  Crazy.  Also, as I said, it's 8 days between sailing and arrival in Halifax.  That could make the test taken 2-3 prior to sailing worthless.  These instructions are definitely contrary to other Canadian restrictions on another page which says no test if arriving by marine.  

I feel your pain, stress and confusion. Even if a cruise line says 3 days prior to embarking, if the country you are visiting has stricter requirements, like 2 days, the more stringent rules apply. The reverse also applies, if the cruise line's rules are more strict. From what I've read, one must be tested prior to the cruise, even if the arrival to Canada is several days later, crazy as it is. I don't believe you have to be tested again. With Bermuda, if the ship takes more than 4 days to stop there, one must be tested again. Since Bermuda is my first cruise, Jerry and I will have to test again on the ship to take the cruise to Canada/NE, as it is a separate cruise from the first.

The link to RCCL testing requirements are here. I noted that if you click on "US Home ports" for Canada and Bermuda it is 2 days prior. For "Southhampton" and Transatlantic 3 days prior. It does not mention Canada specifically under your departure port, if I read that correctly.

Here is a link to Canada's web site where they discuss cruise ship pax here. Scrolling down the page about testing, 72 hours prior to embarking is mentioned. But apparently RCCL is requiring 2 days prior if you embark in the US, adding to the confusion.

Not that it is productive, but I am losing sleep and beyond stressed about how these countries are treating tourists and their own citizens that rely on tourist trade.

Hi All,

My wife and I are also on the Anthem TA this October from Southampton and RCCL have advised us that fully vaccinated guests (such as us) can take a antigen test up to 3 days before the cruise.

We have found a company in Southampton on Harbour Parade called The Regenerative Clinic who carry out the test for £39 per person and email you the results up to 4 hours later. We are taking the train down on the Saturday before and staying over for 2 nights and have the test booked in that afternoon, allowing us time to re-book for the Sunday if the test is inconclusive.

I too am a bit surprised that this test is still needed, especially if only for entry to Canada, as several days will pass before arrival including a day in the Azores where passengers will spend the day off the ship, so could catch Covid and bring it back onboard. 

If Canada is the reason for the test, then it just seems silly and more of a money maker.

I would have thought, since the USA does not require a test anymore, that the simple solution would be for RCCL to carry out a complimentary test after leaving the Azores and if any passengers test positive then not to allow them to go off the ship in Halifax, but stay in their rooms and leave the ship in NJ.

Of course that puts the cost of the test on the cruise line, but if they really really cared about our health, then surely that is what they would do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick B said:

Hi All,

My wife and I are also on the Anthem TA this October from Southampton and RCCL have advised us that fully vaccinated guests (such as us) can take a antigen test up to 3 days before the cruise.

We have found a company in Southampton on Harbour Parade called The Regenerative Clinic who carry out the test for £39 per person and email you the results up to 4 hours later. We are taking the train down on the Saturday before and staying over for 2 nights and have the test booked in that afternoon, allowing us time to re-book for the Sunday if the test is inconclusive.

I too am a bit surprised that this test is still needed, especially if only for entry to Canada, as several days will pass before arrival including a day in the Azores where passengers will spend the day off the ship, so could catch Covid and bring it back onboard. 

If Canada is the reason for the test, then it just seems silly and more of a money maker.

I would have thought, since the USA does not require a test anymore, that the simple solution would be for RCCL to carry out a complimentary test after leaving the Azores and if any passengers test positive then not to allow them to go off the ship in Halifax, but stay in their rooms and leave the ship in NJ.

Of course that puts the cost of the test on the cruise line, but if they really really cared about our health, then surely that is what they would do.

Yes, as I said we're on the TA.  As usual for us emed tests bought through Royal's website will travel with us as will my laptop. Will probably test Friday evening in our hotel room.  We travel by car service to Southampton on the 17th.  If an issue I'm sure hotel concierge will help find another test.  Also going vor new booster tomorrow.   Royal's requirements of 3 days before sailing is in conflict with Canada's w days before sailing.  ArriveCAN is on my phone already.   Trying not to stress out but....