sights near our hotel

jerseyjill

Hi,

We're flying in a day early to Barcelona before the cruise starts on June 22, 2023. We're staying at the Arc La Rambla, on La Rambla, and since we already explored this fantastic city on our last Med cruise, we've seen most of the interesting sights when we did a HOHO tour. So my question is, what is close to our hotel? Within walking distance so once we land, and drop off our bags at the hotel, we'd like to just explore and maybe see some previously seen sights. Not sure of distance on city map to highlights. Thank you for any kind guidance!

Just from looking at Google maps - your hotel is a 2 min walk to Museu de Cera de Barcelona, a 4 min walk to the Columbus Monument, a 4 min walk to The Maritime Museum, 3 min walk to Placa Reial, a 6 min walk to the Gothic Quarter, an 11 minute walk to the Cathedral.  Not sure what types of sights you're looking to see.

We'll be back in Barcelona for the second time at the end of April 2023, our Symphony cruise departs April 30 and we're arriving 3 days early so we have ample time to see sights we've already seen plus some new ones.  Always welcome to suggestions.   

How did you pick your hotel?  I’m still trying to decide where to stay.  I’ve been asking people familiar with Barcelona and they recommend staying away from La Rambla because of pickpockets and other unsavory people.  

8 hours ago, 0106 said:

How did you pick your hotel?  I’m still trying to decide where to stay.  I’ve been asking people familiar with Barcelona and they recommend staying away from La Rambla because of pickpockets and other unsavory people.  

Well, you shall not camp in the Ramblas 😉 Actually, millions of tourists walk the Ramblas each year without any problems.

The overall area is a good location for its closeness to many sights and restaurants and even easy access to both public transportation and taxis. To avoid the largest crowds you could divert to a hotel just off the ramblas to the north.

If you are looking for a more upscale area and are interested in Gaudi you could take a hotel around the Passeig de Gracia.

• Thanks 1

Hi. We were in Barcelona once before a day before our other med cruise. We spent some time on the hoho bus and just walking around on las Ramblas. No problem. So this cruise we decided to stay right on it so we’d be close to

sights and not far from port. I searched online for hotels on las ramblas and this one came up. Very reasonably priced and nice looking. Shd be fine for one night. 

On 9/1/2022 at 8:43 PM, 0106 said:

I prefer to stay a couple of blocks off Las Ramblas, more in the heart of the Gothic quarter and still as close to all the sights.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:43 PM, mskaufman said:

Have you been to the Palau Musica?

Palau Musica is beautiful , both inside and out.  Their stained glass ceiling is stunning.  We had to land up taking a tour in Catalan cuz the next English one was not for two days and we would have been gone by then.