Email of Gavin Smith MD Australia for Royal Caribbean

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I didn’t know he was with P&O ,is that true?

Someone said a kind of movie thing but not true.

Not a poker player either.

Yes, he was boss man there before Ann Sherry. Career cut short there in response to that Brimble incident.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I didn’t know he was with P&O ,is that true?

Someone said a kind of movie thing but not true.

I seem to recall that Gavin Smith was the head honcho of P&O before the Diane Brimble matter that caused a big shake-up. He lost his job although it obviously wasn't his fault. At least one other senior exec also lost his job. Apparently the marketing strategy at the time was partly blamed. I haven't met Gavin, but I was told at the time that he was a 'really nice bloke'.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I seem to recall that Gavin Smith was the head honcho of P&O before the Diane Brimble matter that caused a big shake-up. He lost his job although it obviously wasn't his fault. At least one other senior exec also lost his job. Apparently the marketing strategy at the time was partly blamed. I haven't met Gavin, but I was told at the time that he was a 'really nice bloke'.

I’ve exchanged a few emails and he is a nice fellow and very approachable.

Certainly a asset to the industry.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

The marketing strategy came after the Brimble incident, which is probably the most poorly timed double entendre in the history of Australian advertising.

The print ad has been posted here before, and probably by me included, but I dare not search the phrase on my work computer 😲

Yes, not his fault, but the Captain goes down when the ship sinks. He knows the local industry inside out, and is very personable.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

BIG GAV thank you uncle Les , Graham knows why they call him that,I’ve never met him.

Even though I “indirectly” work for him, I have never actually met him either and I have no idea why you would call him big Gav. ..a bit like a lot of your  “comments”  . 

His son worked down at the OPT with us before he started uni a couple of years ago and was a thoroughly impressive young lad ( even though he followed the Roosters). 😁 Very few knew who he really was and we kept it that way for him.He just  did his job.

I totally believe the Op regarding this matter.

Our extended family VOTS cruise was cancelled the evening before we were to fly to Sydney in March 2020.

I am STILL trying to get the FCCs sorted out!

Asked for one of the FCCs to be refunded in early 2021, STILL have not got the money!!!

Royal said it is too late to request the refund for the 2020 passenger, I had to provide evidence that we had asked over a year previosly for the refund?  Now, they want to credit the proceeds directly to the passengers bank account rather than follow their own terms & conditions of refunding to the credit card the proceeds came from, whaaat?

They stuffed up my Ma & Pa's FCC by giving 1/3 of it to someone else, a child & we had to get her Dad (my brother) to sign the child's FCC balance to the original owners of the fare???

Ma is STILL awaiting part of her pre cruise purchases from the 2020 trip, I did a spreadsheet for crying out loud!!!

It seems that the bean counters refuse to correct their own errors & the passengers have to jump hoops to get their own funds back, so rude & very unprofessional.

I reckon the Royal Accounts Team needs some customer service training.

As my Ma says, it just drains your will to live 😔

Used a travel agent for our 2023 Ovation trip, she is sorting the FCCs etc out for us.

Okay, word vomit over, looking forward to January 2023, hey, what about those drinks prices 😄

TraceyG 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:41 AM, arxcards said:

The post suggests she has contacted them via email and 1800 number.

I have a feeling that something is missing as to why the refund was not in full, but only part. A refund wouldn't be done in instalments.

Does this include booking of shore tours - dining packages - drink packages, as this would be refunded separately from the cruise fare?

Is this cancelling the whole cabin, or just one passenger from a booking?

Is this based on the cancellation policy and the number of days remaining till departure?

Sadlythis lady was a first time crusier and was so excited to be on a crusie with her husband and 3 children, once she paid the deposit whenever she had money in her account she paid off in various amounts. She booked direct and not with a crusie agent, wrong move on her part. She now knows what she should have done. Becasue she paid in varing amoutn RC paid her back in similar amounts. But those amounts never arrived only 2 payments have arrived. RC are completly at fault here. She has spoken to and emails and received emils saying that all payment shave been paid but not provided ehr with proof. Its a mess. I think she needs a good lawyer to recover her $8,000. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 4:13 PM, LittleFish1976 said:

If your friend paid by credit card, I believe it is possible to lodge a complaint with the credit card company for 'goods not received' and request they cancel the payment transaction your friend made (for the outstanding amount Royal Carribean owe her).

Contacting companies like this who refuse to process legitimate refunds, via social media can get remarkably swift results in my experience (twitter etc). Seems they hate the bad publicity!

Thanks for your help. She´s tried telephoning and emails but becasue she paid in installemt sof varing amounts this is how they are paying her back. I´ve seen the emails and RC are simply not responding ina professional or timely manner. Its a mess and its difficult to get hold of anyone who is responsible at RC. They use cheap labour in several countries paying extreemly low wages. 

On 9/4/2022 at 4:13 PM, LittleFish1976 said:

If your friend paid by credit card, I believe it is possible to lodge a complaint with the credit card company for 'goods not received' and request they cancel the payment transaction your friend made (for the outstanding amount Royal Carribean owe her).

Contacting companies like this who refuse to process legitimate refunds, via social media can get remarkably swift results in my experience (twitter etc). Seems they hate the bad publicity!

She´s a novice and she paid by Bank Transfer and a debit card so he bank have said theyc annot help her. Emailing the higher up the food chain at RC is the only way here. 

25 minutes ago, fairywren said:

Our American friends have reported good results by going to the very top - MBayley@rccl.com

She needs to send a detailed email stating what has happened and what the resolution needs to be.

Worth a try, good luck.

Thank you will try that.