Check in

LLOM

I have just been looking at what I need for on line check in,  on the credit card details I usually just put the card details in, having done this many times with P&O , but this time I noticed in the top right corner an amount for a £1 which I know is not much but I have never seen this before , l know RCCL ring fence I think it’s £100 which is put back in your account if you don’t use it. I am probably being over cautious but has anyone who has done their online check in noticed this please .

Thankyou all for your replies, it just seemed a little odd £1.

Jeanlyon, I don’t like doing online unfortunately it seems that is the way it is all going and I am sure that I have filled all the details on line only to be asked for them again at embarkation !!! 
Do P&O still send the paperwork , luggage tags etc through the post, It does say to print them when I went to do the online check in , but for those who have not got a printer what do they do? for instance their luggage tags , just wondering if we have to do it all ourselves is this a way of reducing staffing levels even further ! 

3 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Do P&O still send the paperwork , luggage tags etc through the post,

No

4 minutes ago, LLOM said:

but for those who have not got a printer what do they do? for instance their luggage tags

Get their TA to print them, wait until you get to the terminal where there should be some, ask a friend or buy a printer are about the only options I can think of.

Thankyou David63, 

l nearly always try to use a TA but unfortunately our local one has now gone , the next nearest is quite some way.

I have a printer so its not usually a problem for me, but I am low on ink and are waiting for a delivery of it which has been delayed , supply issues apparently, !  but l can use my daughters printer so it’s not an issue for me, just thinking of others who may not have these options. I am not sure if you can request them to be sent when booking, it’s been some time since I booked so cannot remember if it was offered. 
Many thanks to all for replying 

1 hour ago, LLOM said:

Thankyou all for your replies, it just seemed a little odd £1.

Jeanlyon, I don’t like doing online unfortunately it seems that is the way it is all going and I am sure that I have filled all the details on line only to be asked for them again at embarkation !!! 
Do P&O still send the paperwork , luggage tags etc through the post, It does say to print them when I went to do the online check in , but for those who have not got a printer what do they do? for instance their luggage tags , just wondering if we have to do it all ourselves is this a way of reducing staffing levels even further ! 

We use a fantastic TA in Wales.  He sends everything to our friend in London.

Thankyou Jeanlyon,

I have just been speaking to a friend who uses a TA about 7 miles away and she said the same as yourself, they post it out to her as she does not drive and is not computer savvy, she has a good relationship with them and has used them for years . I am not sure why our local one closed as it was always busy, I suppose as with a lot of small businesses Covid was the reason.