Azamara White nights

Loose moose

22 minutes ago, Loose moose said:

Hello All

Do any regular Azamara cruisers know how to work out when  the White Night (Bright Night)  party is likely to be? 

Is it usually on a sea day, or halfway through the cruise?  

Many thanks 

Very unlikely to be a sea day.  It is usually on a day you are late in port as they need ideally to not be moving or as is said "we get lettuce leaves flying into the pool"  Whilst generally it is in the second half of the cruise, a decision is taken each cruise based on the weather forecast ahead.  So for example recently on Quest they did it on Day 3 in Edinburgh as the weather later in the cruise was not going to be good.  The decision on the exact night is not taken until just before the cruise so its not possible to tell in advance.  You might have an inkling based on your itinerary and nights in port but its only a guess, not guaranteed

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Belfastman said:

When you book the specialty restaurants you will see a plan which shows which night the white night is on.

I’m getting really frustrated with Azamara. We have booked and paid for the three night specialty dining package through our travel agent. We have an anniversary and a birthday while on board. I see nowhere we can select dates, so far, nor do I see any mention anywhere of when the White Night might be.  

32 minutes ago, Carol01 said:

I’m getting really frustrated with Azamara. We have booked and paid for the three night specialty dining package through our travel agent. We have an anniversary and a birthday while on board. I see nowhere we can select dates, so far, nor do I see any mention anywhere of when the White Night might be.  

You cannot book the dates until you are onboard.  They will have all of the dates for the various dining events when you get on the ship so that you can plan your reservations to suit your needs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carol01 said:

There's no point in getting upset about how a cruise line has decided to operate.  No one can book dining until on board.  Therefore no one needs to know when the White Night – or the AzAmazing Evening [or its equivalent], or the Best of the Best [if you qualify] – will happen until you are on board.  Sorry if this is a problem for over-planners [and I am one!], but that's how Azamara has always worked.

BTW I recently had a major birthday [75, and I'm proud of that!] onboard a Baltic cruise [not Azamara, but that doesn't affect the point of this story].  The staff was happy to arrange a special celebration for me,  but the Hotel Director pointed out that on my actual birth day everyone was having early dinner in order to go to a special concert on shore.  No problem – I'll celebrate a day late.  Then on that afternoon my shore excursion ran late – so the staff member on our coach called the ship and pushed the birthday celebration to the next day.  On day 3 the planets aligned and we had a lovely cocktail party in our suite and a special dinner with 6 invited guests at the Captain's Table [which he wasn't using, thanks to Covid].  A little flexibility goes a long way.  [And of course Queen Elizabeth II has always celebrated her official birthday several months after she was born, because the weather is better in June than April.  So QEII and I have this in common!!!]

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Happy 75 th birthday to you. I can see why the White night celebration decision waits till the last minute.. and waiting to get reservations for the specialty restaurants also is really not an issue. They are really not overbooked. Its$$$ unless you are in a suite. Just go as soon as you are on the ship. They will at that time tell you when the white night celebration is. 

5 hours ago, harrodsfan said:

Happy 75 th birthday to you. I can see why the White night celebration decision waits till the last minute.. and waiting to get reservations for the specialty restaurants also is really not an issue. They are really not overbooked. Its$$$ unless you are in a suite. Just go as soon as you are on the ship. They will at that time tell you when the white night celebration is. 

Hell I’m NOT 75!    But thanks. 😆. I’ll book when on board. I hope. They won’t tell me our stateroom either. It’s a “guarantee” balcony, so I have to wait for that too. Patience, you say, okay I’ll try. 

Bright NIghts was a pandemic substitue for White Nights.   In think White Nights has returned on all ships.    The difference was trying to cut the audience size by having two performances, and no on-deck dinner for all

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thatbloominplace said:

can anyone confirm the return of the old style white nights. especially on pursuit.

thanks

steve

Yes White Nights have returned fleet wide. There are pictures of White Night on Pursuit in Nantes on another media site , just this last week. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, happycamper45 said:

I’ve never cruised on Azamara before.  What are White Nights?

White Night is an on-deck party. It’s usually held on a night when the ship is in port late. There is a buffet on deck with really nice food, and music & dancing. Most people try to wear something white - a T-shirt or shirt for example, but you don’t have to. It’s a really fun night.

You won’t know which night it is until you get on board.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, happycamper45 said:

What are White Nights?

Taken during the White Night of our recent Greece/Turkey cruise while the ship was anchored near the port for Mykonos, Greece. 

We have found that the White/Bright Night is the point in the cruise when the crew, staff, and ship shine brightest.

IMG_1458.JPG

• Like 7

In the last two weeks we have been on Pursuit (Baltic) and Quest (Spain) and The White

Nights have really been great fun. Almost everybody dressed up fully and it was a lovely

sight. I would recommend being prepared and joining in with the spirit of the event. The crew

do a terrific job getting it all set up. I would suggest being there from the beginning as 

available tables can become scarce. 🎼🎼🎼🎺🎷🎺🎹🎹🎹🍷🍷🍷🍺🍺🍺

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cruisefam38 said:

Taken during the White Night of our recent Greece/Turkey cruise while the ship was anchored near the port for Mykonos, Greece. 

We have found that the White/Bright Night is the point in the cruise when the crew, staff, and ship shine brightest.

IMG_1458.JPG

Was that the cruise on Journey which left Athens on 26th August?

9 hours ago, cruisefam38 said:

Yes, it certainly was.  We hope you enjoyed that cruise as much as we did, barneyboy.

I had gone to the 11th deck to take such a picture and to catch the sunset.

IMG_1462.JPG

Yes it was a fabulous cruise.  I thought I spotted out group in your photo. A couple of my photos. 

AF372B4B-3A95-4923-90E8-3AA2F8E1EA49.jpeg

08D13DBF-1D20-40A7-800D-581E7B22875C.jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/30/2022 at 11:01 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

White Night is an on-deck party. It’s usually held on a night when the ship is in port late. There is a buffet on deck with really nice food, and music & dancing. Most people try to wear something white - a T-shirt or shirt for example, but you don’t have to. It’s a really fun night.

You won’t know which night it is until you get on board.

I agree with the "you don't have to".  On our first cruise ever with Azamara I had no idea about the event and neither myself or my husband had white clothes.  We did the best we could and nobody blinked an eye.  We almost didn't attend knowing that we would be out of place but it really didn't matter. I am glad we decided to go as the evening was really spectacular. 

On our second cruise, a gentleman came in his bathrobe and while he did get a few looks, most people gave him credit for trying 😉

• Like 4

Glad you went and enjoyed it, that’s as it should be- the white night fashion police are not allowed!!!

It’s a concern of the cruise line that people are staying away because they do not have white outfits so they were emphasising onboard all the time to come as you are. Still people stayed away which was sad. 
It’s so difficult to get white outfits in many cooler countries especially off season and for many white isn’t a colour they’d normally have in their wardrobe. I’m one of these people and I don’t wear all white if I go (or cream for that matter). 

• Like 2