Did you ever pay to B2B while on the 1st cruise?

Rainman4

I’m going on the Conquest 4 day and wondering if anyone has ever been on a 4 day and asked about booking the next cruise while on the first one?  Did you get a great deal?  I might have extra time after my cruise so I thought about staying on if space is available. I won’t know my schedule till then. 

Edited by Rainman4
Spelled something wrong

37 minutes ago, Rainman4 said:

I’m going on the Conquest 4 day and wondering if anyone has ever been on a 4 day and asked about booking the next cruise while on the first one?  Did you get a great deal?  I might have extra time after my cruise so I thought about staying on if space is available. I won’t know my schedule till then. 

You would get rack rate.  They don't offer deals for people who want to extend their vacation.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

You would get rack rate.  They don't offer deals for people who want to extend their vacation.  

When we were on the Freedom to the Caribbean a few years back, the waiters in the dining room were asking people if they wanted to stay on for the next sailing. It was for a ridiculously low price. We wished we could have taken advantage of that but we had work/school.

• Like 1

I years past, there were last minute deals. I personally walked up to a cruise ship and booked right then and there back in the 20th century (Commodore Cruise Lines) but it is my understanding now they have to file government paperwork days before sailing so last-minute bookings are not really a thing. 

Years ago, my sister and brother in law were offered a cruise while on the ship at a cost of taxes and port fees for the second cruise.  It was during hurricane season and there had apparently been a number of weather-related cancellations for the upcoming cruise.  Unfortunately, they had to get back to work or they would have taken the offer.

We’ve done it several times. The Guest Services Manager lent us a ship’s phone to call our PVP a couple times. I’ve texted our PVP and booked a couple times, when cabins were showing available. Once, GSM called Miami for us and got us on for Cuba on Paradise. It’s not that unusual.

Not on Carnival, but last fall on Royal Caribbean I bid for and got a ridiculously cheap upgrade (like $240) from a balcony to a 2 bedroom grand suite on Freedom of the Seas out of Nassau. The cruiselines had started basing ships in foreign ports when it looked like the CDC wasn't going to let cruises resume in the US anytime soon.  Then when US cruises opened up people started canceling those cruises from foreign ports and rebooking out of the US, which is probably why I got upgraded in the first place.

But anyway, slightly past the middle of the cruise the Suite Lounge Concierge said my suite was open the next cruise and asked if I wanted to stay another week. It wasn't an option with my work schedule so I didn't ask how much. But bottom line, if they're desperate enough to fill cabins they may start asking current passengers.  Probably not the norm now that most sailings are pretty full, but it happened under those circumstances, and I've also heard of it happening when lots of people cancelled for the next cruise due to a (potential?) hurricane.

In any event, if you don't book the second cruise through Guest Services still let them know you just booked the next cruise so they can add you to the list of B2B cruisers.  Otherwise they'll be expecting you to do a normal debark at the end of the first cruise.

9 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

I years past, there were last minute deals. I personally walked up to a cruise ship and booked right then and there back in the 20th century (Commodore Cruise Lines) but it is my understanding now they have to file government paperwork days before sailing so last-minute bookings are not really a thing. 

I believe the manafest for the cruise is submitted 60 minutes before the cruise.

18 hours ago, tonit964 said:

When we were on the Freedom to the Caribbean a few years back, the waiters in the dining room were asking people if they wanted to stay on for the next sailing. It was for a ridiculously low price. We wished we could have taken advantage of that but we had work/school.

I remember that.  We were tempted but had an obligation that we couldn’t avoid.  It was a very tempting rate.   We had that on Princess also.