star class on vision class ships

allennn

We are looking at a couple royal suite sailings on vision class ships and just can't seem to find out what benefits are included.  Does it come with drink and wifi packages?  I am pretty sure there aren't royal genies on that class but are there concierges that can get us into all of the clubs, shows and such like a genie does normally?  We've done a few star class cruises on oasis class but none on vision.

No drink or WiFi package included on this class of ship. And certainly no Genie's. Your SL/CL concierge can arrange for anything you may need. Shows can be taken care of once you board by your concierge...anything other than that you can respond to the email the concierge will send you a week before your cruise.

Oasis class and Quantum class ships have the "Royal Suite Class"

Rooms:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-rooms-are-included-in-the-royal-suite-class

Benefits:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

All other (older) ships just have the "Suites Program"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

And no, the Suites Program does not include any benefit that I would consider as having actual "intrinsic value"

I would agree though, throwing in free Voom on the highest level suites on the older ships would make sense. Heck, under the Royal Suite Class. you get free Voom on both Sky as well as Star class, which means every full suite from Grand up. The only "suite" that doesn't get it are Junior Suites.

59 minutes ago, allennn said:

well that's a bummer, you'd think booking the top suite on the ship would have some level of amenities.

Well....when booking the Royal suite on vision....you get personal walk aboard from the concierge, early access to the stateroom, top tier even invite regardless of C&A Status, and in my experience it has always been nice...personalized service from the concierge for me and my family.  The few times I asked for things...like help to get off the ship quickly at a port, they always told me to come to the lounge or hang our in my room till a time I wanted to get off and then they personally made sure we got right off with no line waiting.  So there are benefits.  Last cruise he also made a reservation for me on the first day of the cruise to 'book out' chefs table on a specific night of my choosing so I could treat my party of 11 to a very private dinner.

Edited by dodgestang

26 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Oasis class and Quantum class ships have the "Royal Suite Class"

Rooms:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-rooms-are-included-in-the-royal-suite-class

Benefits:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

All other (older) ships just have the "Suites Program"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

And no, the Suites Program does not include any benefit that I would consider as having actual "intrinsic value"

I would agree though, throwing in free Voom on the highest level suites on the older ships would make sense. Heck, under the Royal Suite Class. you get free Voom on both Sky as well as Star class, which means every full suite from Grand up. The only "suite" that doesn't get it are Junior Suites.

I agree.  Their diotecprogrzm is very weak on all the ships believe Quantum class.  They really should be including internet for GS and above and since it is really only the Royal suite that compares to Ster class they should toss on drinks and dining gor that suite.  Even if they were to add fine of the cost of the perks into the cruise fare people would still pay it and not feel like they are being nickle and dimed when paying suite prices. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I agree.  Their diotecprogrzm is very weak on all the ships believe Quantum class.  They really should be including internet for GS and above and since it is really only the Royal suite that compares to Ster class they should toss on drinks and dining gor that suite.  Even if they were to add fine of the cost of the perks into the cruise fare people would still pay it and not feel like they are being nickle and dimed when paying suite prices. 

Agree...RCI should include the internet pkg. for all occupants sailing in GS's and above regardless of which ship in the fleet you're sailing on.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Well....when booking the Royal suite on vision....you get personal walk aboard from the concierge, early access to the stateroom, top tier even invite regardless of C&A Status, and in my experience it has always been nice...personalized service from the concierge for me and my family.  The few times I asked for things...like help to get off the ship quickly at a port, they always told me to come to the lounge or hang our in my room till a time I wanted to get off and then they personally made sure we got right off with no line waiting.  So there are benefits.  Last cruise he also made a reservation for me on the first day of the cruise to 'book out' chefs table on a specific night of my choosing so I could treat my party of 11 to a very private dinner.

this is the information I was hoping to come across.  So there are some level of bennies but you have to seek it out a bit.  That makes sense.

5 hours ago, allennn said:

this is the information I was hoping to come across.  So there are some level of bennies but you have to seek it out a bit.  That makes sense.

Yes, if you look at the link(s) I posted, there are a lot of little "nicety" benefits. Mostly "priority" access to a number of things. Just not really much of anything that I would consider as having real "intrinsic" value like Free WiFi and included DBP & UDP like you get with the Royal Suite Class.

• Like 1