Final Payment / Cancellation Dates Wrong

DoctorFeelgood

Cruise sailing date is 3 January 2023.

Today's date is 4 September 2023.

My NCL final payment due date says 5 September 2023.

My NCL webpage says 121 days until sailing.

After some soul searching, I decided this wasn't the cruise for me. Issues include that the cabin we were booked in is right under the gym (plus some other things).

I called to cancel the cruise and the agent says I'm at 119 days, and a penalty applies.

What's going on?

look at your cruise confirmation invoice email. it tells you the date and time you need to cancel to avoid any penalty. on my cruises it shows up as Balance due on xyz date 11:59 Eastern Time

timezone might be causing the messing with the ncl countdown clock

according to google, 120 days from now shows up as January 2 2023

3 minutes ago, fenny7cats said:

Do different cruises have different due dates?

when did you book? You might be on the old final payment schedule were payment was due 90 days prior  to sail date. Now these days the final payment is now due 120 days prior

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me last year.  They never really explained it to me so that I could understand, but they stood by their belief that I was one day late.  Worse thing is I was trying the day before but kept hanging up due to the incredible hold times.  I thought I had one more day.  I had no choice but to hold for over an hour the next day only to be told that I was one day late.  I was like "whatever" until the rep quoted me some astronomical cancellation fee.  I knew there was no way they were going to get me to actually pay them to cancel.  After demanding to be transferred to a supervisor, I was still told that I was one day late but she agreed I'd only be out my deposit.  She also laughed at the notion that I would have to pay more to cancel.  Ended up costing me a cruise first certificate 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fenny7cats said:

Hi there

My Cruise departs 2nd Jan 2023 yet my 'final payment due' date is October 24th 2022.  You just got me worried that I had to double check the date due on my booking!!  Do different cruises have different due dates?

We have different due dates in the UK. Ours are later than the US.

• Like 2

Depending on your location, when you booked, and which category of cabin you booked the cancellation deadline and final payment date varies.

I’m in Ireland and I don’t get free cancellation at all, I’m always going to forfeit my deposit unless the agent I’m dealing with lets me switch it to a new booking. The flip side is that the final payment due date is later than it is for USA customers.  When I first booked a cruise the final payment date was 30days and the deposit was 10%, then it went to 60 and then 90days with a 20% deposit but it has dropped back down to 30days though still 20% deposit.  

• Like 1