Ironing Clothes on Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas?

Matkai

5 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

leave irons and steamers home.  When you pack do it carefully, to prevent wrinkles.  Note, that everyone, the other several thousand people, will also not have irons/steamers to use.  If you have some wrinkles, than you will be normal.

I mentioned this on another thread but when traveling I pack 60/40 fabrics for my shirts which when I hang up the wrinkles come out if packed neatly and Prana pants made out of stretch zion which don’t wrinkle at all. There are other brands of technical pants that don’t wrinkle. 

5 hours ago, kaseyoz said:

Could use your hair straightner if you have one for small ironing needs 

I bought a hair straightner speciffically for cruising... Only used it once, several years ago to "Iron" my DHs tie.

No one else on the ship has an iron or steamer, they won't care if you have a few wrinkles! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 4:24 AM, Matkai said:

Hi,  We have our very first cruise in March next year, looking ahead at what to pack and how, one of my concerns are that they do not supply an iron, nor are you allowed to bring your own 😞

can you brink a portable steamer? If not, what are the approximate prices for ironing a shirt or dress (not washing, just pressing?)

What do people do to get around this issue?  Tips and tricks?

On 11/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, pcur said:

My personal experience is Downy Wrinkle Release can stain solid colored, "silk-like" fabrics.  I have used the following technique for years to remove wrinkles from clothing:

• I take an empty spray bottle in my suitcase where it's easy to find when I open up to unpack
  • Fill it with warm water
  • Lay the garment flat on the bed, spray one side and smooth the wrinkles out with my hands, turn over, and repeat on other side.
  • Hang garment in the closet

By the time you hang up all your clothes there is a very slight damp atmosphere in the closet, and the clothes dry wrinkle-free.  As I wear them, I may have to spritz a little extra on certain fabrics.

On 11/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, pcur said:

My personal experience is Downy Wrinkle Release can stain solid colored, "silk-like" fabrics.  I have used the following technique for years to remove wrinkles from clothing:

• I take an empty spray bottle in my suitcase where it's easy to find when I open up to unpack
  • Fill it with warm water
  • Lay the garment flat on the bed, spray one side and smooth the wrinkles out with my hands, turn over, and repeat on other side.
  • Hang garment in the closet

By the time you hang up all your clothes there is a very slight damp atmosphere in the closet, and the clothes dry wrinkle-free.  As I wear them, I may have to spritz a little extra on certain fabrics.

Besides being prohibited (I see them on the claim table at departure), I've never needed to iron anything I packed for a cruise, including DH's suits and dress shirts, nor my linen slacks and dresses.  I have a packing method.

Open suitcase.  Take first large item (suit jacket/ long pants) and lay half of it into the case, with half hanging out on the bed/table. Add more items in the same way, with the outside parts going in different directions. Then, when about half full, start folding items over each other. There will be no sharp creases on any of them.  Oh, and I leave all those items on their hangers.  As soon as we unpack, it's easy (not daunting) to just hang right away, not have to fiddle with the hangers built into the cabin closet.