B2B different cabins.

SandyR5

The move will be very easy.  Please do a search on Cruise Critic for more information.

The room steward(s) will coordinate the move.  You will pack items in drawers and will be responsible for contents of the safe.  But items on hangers and your luggage (items from the drawers now packed in the luggage) will be moved by the room steward(s).

Before the turnaround day there will be a succinct instruction letter delivered to your stateroom outlining the turnaround day process.  Depending on the number of B2B passengers there also may be a B2B passenger meeting to answer any questions.

Just remember that any unused internet minutes (for those who purchase packages) and non-refundable OBC will not be moved to  the second leg.  And B2B passengers are also invited to the Concierge Class embarkation lunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SandyR5 said:

First time doing a b2b and have different cabins. What’s the moving process?  Will my room steward move our things?  Thanks. 

Very easy. The Steward will move everything that's on hangers on the hangers and your packed cases. The Steward will also liase with your new steward to only move the stuff once your new cabin is ready.

You will get full written information regarding the rest of the formalities including a briefing meeting. We never book an excursion for changeover day but that's our choice. Relax and enjoy.

Currently on Summit for a B3B with 3 different cabins.   The process is pretty easy as others have said but is also a bit of a pain compared to when we have had the same cabin. 

You simply put your items not on hangers in your suitecase and the staff will move all for you.   I usually meet my stateroom attendant (if different) the day before and they give us a ring when the person in the cabin leaves and we move our items in the safe and then get out of his way.    They usually work to get the B2B cabins setup early so you can use them after B2B processing if you need.   

You are usually asked to be out of your room by 8:30 and B2B processing is usually after they zero out the ship around 9:15-9:30.    They will give you your new SeaPass at B2B processing or you can use a TransitPass and tour on the day of B2B and they will process you when you return to the ship using the TransitPass.   I do have to say the shore side staff in most ports except Florida are a bit confused about a TransitPass.    Last time they wanted my boarding pass and tried to ask questions -  I politely said we are already checked in and she looked at me weird and said if you think you can get on board with your current sea pass go ahead and try.   No problem of course.

Thanks for that information. Did YOU seek out the stateroom attendant or did they arrange it?  We will be moving from regular infinity balcony to Aqua class. We did this so the dining will be different. 

24 minutes ago, SandyR5 said:

Thanks for that information. Did YOU seek out the stateroom attendant or did they arrange it?  We will be moving from regular infinity balcony to Aqua class. We did this so the dining will be different. 

I don't ever remember seeking the stateroom attendant for the next leg.  Either the stateroom attendants or the butlers will coordinate the move.  We have had a stateroom attendant/butler ask us to remain in our stateroom, and when passengers have vacated the stateroom which we are moving into the stateroom attendant/butler will tell us, and we are free to move the contents of the safe.  But the only items of real importance in the safe are our passports which are easy to carry.

And our experience differs regarding the Transit Pass.  We have never had any confusion.  And if there was some confusion just ask for the Pier Coordinator's Desk; there is one although folks rarely realize it.

Doing this tomorrow. They told us to leave the cabin by 8am and that the new cabins would be available by 9:30ish, the steward will move everything and they provide me a box tomorrow. If we want stay on board that's fine. Otherwise for those who leave the ship they can't come back before 11. I did leave in FLL and went to Publix etc but here in the little village of Civitavecchia there wasn't anything to do as far as I saw it when I arrived. Not going anywhere this time, I'll stay put on the EDGE until we leave!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, choochella said:

So, first time for us doing a B2B. Fortunately, we have the same cabin for both. What do we need to do during turnover? 

Depends on port/country. One scenario we’ve seen is for all b2b to gather in a given spot, we all left the ship together, then from the terminal we were free to go ashore, or go back on the ship. That was in Lauderdale, so we just headed back aboard.  On one cruise we were the only b2b, they gave a Transit Pass, and we headed off into Vancouver. The shoreside staff were as confused as we were when we tried to re-board (go there - no you are different, go over there - why are you here, you should be in some other queue…) but usually it is very smooth.

• Like 1