Not Quite Live from the Not-so Inaugural Prima with Freestyle Dailies

ColdCruise

8 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

@more2sea (great moniker, btw!)

see my posts #20&21 on page 1 for details on how the Latitude program has played out so far this cruise. We’re Platinum, so YMMV.

thanks for “sailing” with us 😁

Thanks for your quick response.  I read the earlier posts and was so surprised all venues included, not matched pairs like other ships.  Hope this does not change.   Thanks for taking the time from your cruise    Sailing along🤩  is great fun!

40 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

If anyone could explain why CruiseCritic suddenly, today, started randomly uploading photos upside down, I’d appreciate it!

It has been happening for ages. I just keep on uploading and deleting them until it gets the right way up.

57 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

If anyone could explain why CruiseCritic suddenly, today, started randomly uploading photos upside down, I’d appreciate it!

I was starting to think this was some really magical ship, and the time at the brewery was REALLY good... lol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you run across Clarense the Chocolate Coyboy at any of the bars yet?... I wonder if Rommel and Michael are bartending in Vibe Beach Club?

Hi Sid

I've been reading darlak8 review on Prima rollcall. Saw photo of Cowboy at the Metropolitan Bar!

I'm also looking for Rommel and Michael in the Vibe! No answer on that one yet.

Cat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've never heard of this before.  Have other Platinum members received two bags (each) on a ten day cruise?

Yes, every NCL cruise we have been on longer than a week we have had four free laundry bags between us. On the strength of this we are going to travel with hand luggage only on our next cruise! I usually take the kitchen sink with me! 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've never heard of this before.  Have other Platinum members received two bags (each) on a ten day cruise?

me, neither. I would also be interested to know as I have a ten day coming up in November.

2 hours ago, ppcox said:

No, did 15 days on the Encore in April we had one free bag each.

👎 who did you ask about getting more than one bag, if any. just wondering if you are basing this on inquiry and answer or if you just know you got the one coupon so that is all you used.

39 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Yes, every NCL cruise we have been on longer than a week we have had four free laundry bags between us. On the strength of this we are going to travel with hand luggage only on our next cruise! I usually take the kitchen sink with me! 😅

👍great. I wonder same as my question above: did you ask someone, and if so, who, or did you just write platinum on the second bag and were not charged?

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you run across Clarense the Chocolate Coyboy at any of the bars yet?... I wonder if Rommel and Michael are bartending in Vibe Beach Club?

Rommel & Michael are both working in Vibe. I follow them in FB and they were posting plenty of pics before the passengers arrived for the first cruise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

From having a long port day, our stop in Kiel was whittled down to 4 hours … at night. Anyone who’s spent much time in Germany is aware things of touristic interest are closed by 5, maybe 6, rarely 7. So our time in Kiel really only left time to walk the dark streets or eat/drink. 
By a stroke of luck, there were 2 brauhaus a 10 minute walk from Ostseekai, where Prima docked.

NCL cancelled all excursions when they made the port times change, then apparently added in a handful of options a couple days before porting. The revised excursions consisted of 2 brewery tours with beer (or bier) tastings (2.5 hr $99) and 2 walking tours of the downtown (1.5 or 2 hr, $79 & $99, resp.). Too much money to do in the dark w sites closed fir my pocket.

We took the short stroll downtown and had dinner and some local brew at the Kieler Brauerei, finishing our meal as the first if the Brewery tour groups arrived.

Thanks for the great reports.  What was the explanation for cutting Kiel short?

6 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

👍great. I wonder same as my question above: did you ask someone, and if so, who, or did you just write platinum on the second bag and were not charged?

We were told by the Lattitudes representative and if you like you can also confirm with them on your cruise. They are there to help you. This perk starts at Platinum level. So instead of one free bag you get two per platinum member. I wrote clearly at the top of the bags “name, platinum free bag 1” and then, “ name:platinum free bag 2”

We were not charged.

I guess you already know the tip of rolling each item of laundry and putting into the paper bag provided…you get more in! You get even more in, if you use plastic bags to put the laundry in, as it squeezes down nicely, then careful put this into the paper laundry bag. We don’t use plastic bags so much nowadays but it does work a treat! 😅 

• Thanks 2

I have something to add on the laundry bag perk issue - when NCL updated their latitudes program, they also added an extra amenity for suites - which was a free bag of laundry.  This benefit "stacks" with the free bag you get as a latitudes member - meaning you get both the latitudes perk, and then the suite level perk.  i think there was a discussion of this in cruise critic somewhere.  My vague recollection is that there wasn't much to distinguish regular balconies from mini-suites, and this was one of the distinctions... 

I'll see if i can hunt down the thread...

found it on NCL page:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

"Club Balcony Suites provide additional amenities and privileges at no additional cost. Amenities include the option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sail date, complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom, a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and a choice of one valet laundry or pressing service."

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Absolutely- Chocolate Cowboy blessed ys with his spicy watermelon shots during our bar/pub crawl. He's very amusing. The hus bar team wowed us with mixology skills, will make sure to include his photo when i review the bar crawl venues!

idk about Beach Club, no access, but it looks great from the speedway bar.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Rommel and Michael all onboard, along with Vinny.  Cold weather is keeping them hopping to different bars due to low amount of guests in Vibe.  By your sailing they will be locked in. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, McGarrett5oh said:

Thanks for the great reports.  What was the explanation for cutting Kiel short?

Rumour not an official NCL announcement- something to do with water levels or gates at Ijmuiden.

I was thinking it was to buy more time for passengers in case of flight issues. There were about 10 people waiting to embark in Kiel- they all said their flight got botched

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mbruck said:

found it on NCL page:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

"Club Balcony Suites provide additional amenities and privileges at no additional cost. Amenities include the option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sail date, complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom, a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and a choice of one valet laundry or pressing service."

Thanks for digging that out @mbruck

we have not received the sparkling  wine - if its the same plonk as other shops, I’ll just stick with my FAS drinks package. But in the interest of community, I’ll inquire 

15 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

me, neither. I would also be interested to know as I have a ten day coming up in November.

👎 who did you ask about getting more than one bag, if any. just wondering if you are basing this on inquiry and answer or if you just know you got the one coupon so that is all you used.

I think i already mentioned thus but we had 1 coupon in our single Platinum coupon booklet, since were both Platinum i asked guest services how we claim our 2nd bag and was told we get 4 and just write “Platinum” on it

and i may have already mentioned it, or typed it and lost ui with upload time-outs

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

On the subject of bartenders: (1) Is Bong on board also?  (2) Who are the Headbartenders ?

Don't quote me on this 100%, but I believe Bong has decided to stay in the Philippines and not return to NCL... If anyone has more concrete information, I would be interested. He's my all time favorite NCL bartender...

• Like 1