Question for my parents

Steph_

Hi everyone! My parents have finally decided to try a cruise next year for their anniversary. It only took me 14 years to get them to go on a cruise! 

They chose to cruise with RCC. I’ve never been on a RCC so I’m not sure how to answer this question for them. 

Drink packages. If they purchase them online will they be linked to their card or do they have to go somewhere for it to be activated and If so where do they need to go? 

Thanks so much in advance!

Steph

2 minutes ago, Steph_ said:

Hi everyone! My parents have finally decided to try a cruise next year for their anniversary. It only took me 14 years to get them to go on a cruise! 

They chose to cruise with RCC. I’ve never been on a RCC so I’m not sure how to answer this question for them. 

Drink packages. If they purchase them online will they be linked to their card or do they have to go somewhere for it to be activated and If so where do they need to go? 

Thanks so much in advance!

Steph

It will be linked with their card and also with their Set Sail pass when they board before they get their cards which are now at the cabin doors when they’re ready. They do need to pick up their soda cup used at the freestyle machines from any bar. 

On the door key card it will have a "DB" on it, plus when the bar scans it the POS screen will show it.  If they want a drink before they go to their cabin and get their card they can show their booking on the RCCL app on their phone.  We were on the Navigator in July and that's how it worked for me.  Hopefully they have a smart phone and can download the RCCL app.  It's good for a lot of stuff while on board.  

20 minutes ago, Steph_ said:

OK great! Thanks so much!

When you say that their cards are at their cabin….. they literally get them in their cabin and not at check in?

thanks again!

Yes they’ll be in an envelope in their “mailbox” outside their door. They don’t give them out at check in anymore.

And when they order a drink, usually the bartender will just give them the drink,

nothing to sign.  If they ask them to sing a ticket, tell to check to be sure the charge is ZERO.

If they want to tip the bartender, they can do that in cask, however, the purchase

price of the package does include the tip so it is not necessary with each drink order.

Like most places, if you tip the individual, they do see you when there is a crowd at the bar.  😉

If your parents aren't  traveling till next year tell them to watch for sales.  Black Friday is one of the best times to get discount drink packages, dining and excursion deals.

Edited by Bleueyes44
Spelling error

On 9/6/2022 at 8:14 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Yes they’ll be in an envelope in their “mailbox” outside their door. They don’t give them out at check in anymore.

Not a fan of this since we found someone else in our room on the Allure eating our snacks and sitting on our bed AND they refused to leave. Took anyone from Royal over an hour to come up and get them out. 

4 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Not a fan of this since we found someone else in our room on the Allure eating our snacks and sitting on our bed AND they refused to leave. Took anyone from Royal over an hour to come up and get them out. 

What?  OMG!  Don't tell my wife!  That's her biggest fear.  I remember on DCL, they gave us our cards at the terminal, but all the stateroom doors were open and that freaked her out.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, rudeney said:

What?  OMG!  Don't tell my wife!  That's her biggest fear.  I remember on DCL, they gave us our cards at the terminal, but all the stateroom doors were open and that freaked her out.  

Having all the doors open is kinda weird, too. 😮

3 hours ago, monorail81 said:

I wasn't thrilled the first time I cruised after they started leaving the cards on the door... My fear was they would take my card and charge up a bunch of crap before I got to the room! Then I saw my picture came up when they scan for purchases and that fear went away 😄
I would have never even concidered someone in my room!! 
So many strange questions running through my head!! 

Were you in a higher class cabin than then and they just randomly picked a cabin to squat in? 

Did hey think it was there room? 

Did they offer to show you any proof that it was their room? 
Did they have any explanation? 

When Royal did get there, I would imagine they were polite with the squatters, did they offer any explanation to either party? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I wasn't thrilled the first time I cruised after they started leaving the cards on the door... My fear was they would take my card and charge up a bunch of crap before I got to the room! Then I saw my picture came up when they scan for purchases and that fear went away 😄
I would have never even concidered someone in my room!! 
So many strange questions running through my head!! 

Were you in a higher class cabin than then and they just randomly picked a cabin to squat in? 

Did hey think it was there room? 

Did they offer to show you any proof that it was their room? 
Did they have any explanation? 

When Royal did get there, I would imagine they were polite with the squatters, did they offer any explanation to either party? 

I look back on it now and think it was an honest mistake. They didn’t speak much English and just went to the wrong room. But what got me was they still didn’t want to leave even when we were showing them our name on things. And the Royal folks weren’t polite to EITHER side when they finally got there. I insisted they change the sheets on the bed and they begrudgingly said they would. Not sure if they actually did or just straightened the sheets a bit. The stewardess was rude to us the rest of the trip. First time ever we didn’t tip extra to our cabin attendant.  I don’t think they ever replaced the cookie plate they ate, either. Lol! Needless to say, the rest of the trip didn’t go well after that. It was kind of like a bad omen. One of the bad things was since they keys were missing outside the door, we first had to trek all the way down to Guest Services before we even knew they were in there with all of our carry on items we had been expecting to drop off, wait in line for a half hour, be berated that the keys “should be there” (I had taken a picture that they weren’t), and then trek all the way back to find them sitting there. Bad way to start a cruise. 

On 9/6/2022 at 8:40 PM, RobInMN said:

Even before you can get to your room to get your card, you can use your beverage package. The bartender just has to look it up manually by the room number.

Or you can just show them your boarding passes.

31 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

I look back on it now and think it was an honest mistake. They didn’t speak much English and just went to the wrong room. But what got me was they still didn’t want to leave even when we were showing them our name on things. And the Royal folks weren’t polite to EITHER side when they finally got there. I insisted they change the sheets on the bed and they begrudgingly said they would. Not sure if they actually did or just straightened the sheets a bit. The stewardess was rude to us the rest of the trip. First time ever we didn’t tip extra to our cabin attendant.  I don’t think they ever replaced the cookie plate they ate, either. Lol! Needless to say, the rest of the trip didn’t go well after that. It was kind of like a bad omen. One of the bad things was since they keys were missing outside the door, we first had to trek all the way down to Guest Services before we even knew they were in there with all of our carry on items we had been expecting to drop off, wait in line for a half hour, be berated that the keys “should be there” (I had taken a picture that they weren’t), and then trek all the way back to find them sitting there. Bad way to start a cruise. 

WOW!! 

Just wow! 

3 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Holy crap!  The crew's response is the worst part of that!

• Like 1