Weather for Cape Liberty Sailing March 26????

teacherman

We are from Michigan and usually fly to Florida for a March cruise.  Airfares currently are more than the cruise.  We are considering a cruise on Anthem of the Seas, March 26, out of Cape Liberty.  It would be a 10 hour drive for us, but that is much less costly than the air tickets.  So, I realize that weather is not always an exact science, but I am just looking for information from people who may have done a cruise at this time of the year from the NYC area.  I know that we will probably have nice weather the days we are in the Florida and Bahamas area, but am wondering about the first and last sea days.  This is a 3-generation family cruise with 6 adults and 2 girls, ages 13 and 15.   Any information or advice about weather or parking at the terminal is welcome.  We  have cruised from here before, but that was in the summer and we flew in the day prior to the cruise.  Thank you for your assistance.

March weather could be spring-like weather or a snowstorm or something in between. If you're driving, watch the long-range forecasts and go early if there's going to be a storm along your route. 

Yes, your first and last days will be chilly. A lot of people don't like that, wanting to get right to tropical weather. But it's kind of fun to have a different sort of sea day. I've sailed out of NYC in January and it was like changing seasons as we sailed south.  And the Anthem should have plenty for you to do indoors.