What's your favorite Cruise drink?

Craxe77

Guy walks up to the bar and says "I'll have a piña colada." The bartender goes to work, and says "What will your husband have?"

I like an XO Cognac before dinner, a Cabernet with dinner, and a Bahama Mama with a show. In the Punchliner I have a watermelon martini, because it tastes funny.

• Haha 3

I have a drink package for the first time and am looking forward to trying drinks I’ve never had.  Not just typical cruise ones, either.  I’ve never had a Manhattan nor an Old-Fashioned, and I definitely intend to try both.  I wish I could remember some of the drinks I’ve meant to try over the years, but I can’t…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drew B 58 said:

I have a drink package for the first time and am looking forward to trying drinks I’ve never had.  Not just typical cruise ones, either.  I’ve never had a Manhattan nor an Old-Fashioned, and I definitely intend to try both.  I wish I could remember some of the drinks I’ve meant to try over the years, but I can’t…

If your ship has an Alchemy bar, recommend stopping there for your first Old-Fashioned. They have a Rum Old Fashioned on the menu, but will happily make you a classic bourbon one with Woodford. And they make them very, very well at Alchemy!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

If your ship has an Alchemy bar, recommend stopping there for your first Old-Fashioned. They have a Rum Old Fashioned on the menu, but will happily make you a classic bourbon one with Woodford. And they make them very, very well at Alchemy!

Thank you!

I already know to get my first Bloody Mary at Guy’s Pig & Anchor, hold the bacon (because I’m vegetarian).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Mocha Chocolate Getaway...

Made with Irish cream; Dark rum; Butterscotch Schnapps; Kahlua; Ice cream & Chocolate syrup.

YUM!

20220908-132156.jpg

🍹🍸🍷🍾🥂🍻🍹🍷🍸🍾🍹🍷🍻🍹

Which bar had this drink?

The cucumber sunrise is my absolute favorite. When I want something super sugary I like the Miami Vice. The hurricane daiquiris are so good as well as pomtinis at the atrium bar. 

first drink of the cruise is always a fun ship though and it’s so much better with a squeeze of lime. 

Edited by Jelly_Toast
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

It was the spicy chipotle pineapple martini but last cruise that got beat out by the cucumber sunrise and the basil drop at Alchemy.

Ok this is going to sound absolutely absurd, but do they actually TASTE like cucumbers and basil?  I LOVE to EAT cukes and love basil as a seasoning but not sure I want to DRINK them! 😛  Has anyone had Pirate Punch?

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 11:25 AM, Craxe77 said:

I have the Cheers package and on my last cruise (Bermuda) my wife and I loved trying all kinds of new drinks . I'm normally a beer guy and not much for straight liquor but when cruising it feels more like vacation to stick to mixed drinks. We also have fun making sure we drink enough throughout the day to make the Cheers package worth it. Can't wait to sit at the Havana bar and try different ones out.

So far my favorite was a Rum based drink that i cant remember the name of but I think was similar to the Zombie Cocktail. Suggestions for what else I should try?

BBC or a Bushwacker

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, Florings said:

Sail away drink:   Blue Iguana Patron Margarita & every day at my "happy hour"

And I love the Pineapple Chipotle Martinis

22 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

It was the spicy chipotle pineapple martini but last cruise that got beat out by the cucumber sunrise and the basil drop at Alchemy.

22 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

All of these. I don't know if it's just because it's usually my first drink to start vacation, and I'm in a super good mood. However, that Blue's Patron Margarita may be one of my favorite margaritas anywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

Ok this is going to sound absolutely absurd, but do they actually TASTE like cucumbers and basil?  I LOVE to EAT cukes and love basil as a seasoning but not sure I want to DRINK them! 😛  Has anyone had Pirate Punch?

Actually if I didn't know cucumber was in the cucumber sunrise I wouldn't have guessed it was. The basil drop just faintly not overpowering at all. They taste so refreshing in the evening after the usual super sweet drinks that I drink poolside.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, wemjam said:

One of my favorites is the tiramisu and also a chocolatini

I normally don't drink at all, but I looked up the tiramisu cocktail after I read your post and I think I'm going to have to start drinking!😉

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Haha 2