Which hotel would you stay in?

parachutes63

In regards to Miami, Hampton Brickell is probably the commonly mentioned hotel on this board. I have stayed there, and it is one of the best Hamptons I have stayed in, and as a Lifetime Diamond, I have stayed in a good number of Hamptons. Its in a nice location, and if you can manage your bags, it is easy to take the light rail to a block or two away. The hotel has a shuttle (fee) to the port.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

In regards to Miami, Hampton Brickell is probably the commonly mentioned hotel on this board. I have stayed there, and it is one of the best Hamptons I have stayed in, and as a Lifetime Diamond, I have stayed in a good number of Hamptons. Its in a nice location, and if you can manage your bags, it is easy to take the light rail to a block or two away. The hotel has a shuttle (fee) to the port.

Interested in this hotel also. What casual restaurants are very near by?

Hampton Brickell is a superior location. Great location for an evening in Miami. HIGHLY recommend. 

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Anything you want. This hotel is right in the smack middle of Miami's most dense area. The list is endless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ashland said:

I didn't  memorize any names, but as I  recall, standing in front of the hotel and looking one block either way, without trying,  you can see a dozen restaurants. I sense they were all casual. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 9:51 PM, Ashland said:

what kind of food are you looking for?  There are so many places to chose from and after living there for over 8 years, I've eaten in the majority of them. 

On 9/9/2022 at 2:46 PM, parachutes63 said:

Going on cruise the first week in april 2023 out of Miami. I have reservations at 2 different hotels for 1 night before the cruise. Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown and Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Which hotel is the one that anyone can recommend? Looking for restaurants and walking around to do things.

I would personally chose the Hampton Inn because there is so much to walk to in the immediate area and as a major residential neighborhood on top of a business neighborhood, it's great to even walk around at night. Plus the renovations they have done to the rooms are amazing. As CruiserBruce mentioned, it's the best Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in and I just did a few months ago. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

to Biscayne bay?  It’s not even 12 miles to Port Miami 

@april_4_usits a 2 block walk to Biscayne bay.  

I was just going by what maps showed.Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Walk 8.6 miles, 2 hr 55 min
Downtown, 50 SW 12th St, Miami, FL 33130 to Biscayne Bay, Florida

image.png.d238859f6b8a805223bdcd9425b8df71.png

Edited by kenb

15 hours ago, kenb said:

I was just going by what maps showed.Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Walk 8.6 miles, 2 hr 55 min
Downtown, 50 SW 12th St, Miami, FL 33130 to Biscayne Bay, Florida

image.png.d238859f6b8a805223bdcd9425b8df71.png

I understand. All that water is biscayne bay. It was my view for 8 years as I lived on Brickell Ave facing East and I could see the Hampton inn off my 3rd balcony that faced south and west. 

On 9/9/2022 at 1:46 PM, parachutes63 said:

Going on cruise the first week in april 2023 out of Miami. I have reservations at 2 different hotels for 1 night before the cruise. Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown and Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Which hotel is the one that anyone can recommend? Looking for restaurants and walking around to do things.

I would pick Marriott it shares lobby with doubletree and there is a small mall in lobby with lots of restaurants and bars , also live music, liquor store etc , we always stay at the doubletree.

• Like 1

thanks everyone, I am a marriott fan myself so I may utilize this. Honestly we have sailed out of FLL the lass few cruises it has been a while sine we cruised out of Miami. Probably a good 10 years . I like to stay close to the Biscayne shopping area since there are so many shops and cvs/rite aid for things we forgot. I appreciate you all for your advice