1st cruise since restart and muster drill

Jerseygich

Sailing on the Paradise in 10 days and was wondering how they do the muster drill now. Do we watch a video before we board? Do we go to an assigned area at a specific time when on board?

sorry if this was covered somewhere else but any info would be appreciated. 
Thanks

Edited by Jerseygich
  • Like 1

• Jerseygich changed the title to 1st cruise since restart and muster drill

We got on the Panorama in Long Beach around 11:30 but we had to wait until about 1pm to do the muster.  Every muster station has a location marked and you meet up there, when there are enough people they start it and it takes maybe 5 minutes.  I think we had about 20 people in our session. They cut you off from the bar if you haven't done it yet I think after 2 drinks...lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygich said:

Sailing on the Paradise in 10 days and was wondering how they do the muster drill now. Do we watch a video before we board? Do we go to an assigned area at a specific time when on board?

Thanks

I've heard they do have a video you need to watch, but I couldn't find it on our Vista cruise last August. LOL. Muster you will love: you go to your assigned muster station(ask ANY Carnival employee; they know exactly where to send you). You go and watch a 2 minute demonstration on how to put on a life jacket. They scan your boarding pass, and you're on your way. Easy peasy, no fuss or bother. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

I've heard they do have a video you need to watch, but I couldn't find it on our Vista cruise last August. LOL. Muster you will love: you go to your assigned muster station(ask ANY Carnival employee; they know exactly where to send you). You go and watch a 2 minute demonstration on how to put on a life jacket. They scan your boarding pass, and you're on your way. Easy peasy, no fuss or bother. 👍

Thanks

• Like 1

you don't have to watch the video. IDK how they credit you for watching it on your TV etc. 

When you get on, the crew will be very insistent that you go do your muster station. It's usually 1 level higher from the atrium. I almost always ignore and go straight to the buffet. 

My excuses:

1. Food.

2. I am carrying all my bags

5 hours ago, Jerseygich said:

Thanks

We head straight to our cabin, drop off carry ons.  Then up to the muster station. It takes about 5 minutes and it's done, scan S&S and we are on our way to lunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jerseygich said:

Thanks

On Mardi Gras in March it was watch a video on your phone or stateroom. Then go to the assigned muster station after a certain point, I think it was 1 or 1:30 to be checked off that we completed the muster. Get it done early so you're not one of the guests they have to chase down so the cruise can start. 🙂 

53 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

On Mardi Gras in March it was watch a video on your phone or stateroom. Then go to the assigned muster station after a certain point, I think it was 1 or 1:30 to be checked off that we completed the muster. Get it done early so you're not one of the guests they have to chase down so the cruise can start. 🙂 

Is the video in the app for you to watch? Or where do you find it? QR code to scan? 

19 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Is the video in the app for you to watch? Or where do you find it? QR code to scan? 

Honestly we can't remember if we watched it on the app or on the TV in the cabin. There is nothing to scan that you watched it that I recall. The only scan is when you go to the Muster Station where they will scan your card to validate that you went through the muster drill. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mondello said:

It’s so fast and easy it’s a wonder why every cruise is delayed because a few hundred guests can’t seem to get ‘er done!

I sometimes think they are just saying that. I have overheard workers saying that 100 pax still have checked in despite setting sail. 

2 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Honestly we can't remember if we watched it on the app or on the TV in the cabin. There is nothing to scan that you watched it that I recall. The only scan is when you go to the Muster Station where they will scan your card to validate that you went through the muster drill. 

Right. There is no way to credit you on CCL for watching the video. 

PCL there is. 

Our last two cruises we did it as soon as we boarded just to get it over with. Both times it was on the same deck where we boarded. First time was in the forward MDR. Second time was in the theater. After that we went to get lunch and when we got to our cabin the TV was already on the channel for the safety video. We didn't really watch it, but let it run as background noise while we unpacked. 

We sailed in the Panorama on July 30th. We boarded shortly after 11a grabbed some food our two drinks and headed to our station, B4, but they were not starting until noon. Once the crew arrived we formed a line, got scanned and the person checking us in apolgized to everyone for the wait. Once he got to us he asked if we've cruised before and knew how to put a life vest. The 5 of us replied yes and off we went. It couldn't have been any easier. We definately did not watch a video this time and I can't remember if we did August of 2021 when they first started the new format. 

Edited by outdoors27

On Panorama Aug 27th, we boarded shortly before noon and went straight to muster station C5, which was in Ocean Plaza.  We’re checked in, and shown how to don the life jackets. In two minutes or less we were on our way to Pig and Anchor for lunch. 
There was a video in the Carnival Hub app. While it was not a mandatory exercise, we watched it. We also made sure we had life jackets in our stateroom once we were allowed in our stateroom.

If you have trouble locating your muster station, open the app, and under safety it will tell you were your station is. 

D9DCBAB6-32B4-4C58-BBFE-611EB69C5E22.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I just went on 8/26 and it was literally 60 seconds.  DH and I walked to our muster station as soon as we boarded the ship at around 12 noon.  A family was just walking away.  One crew member scanned our boarding pass barcode.  And the other crew member had a life jacket in his hand and asked us if we knew how to put on the life jacket and we stated yes and he said in case of emergency to bring our life jackets and report to the muster station and that was it. Literally maybe 60 seconds or less.

• Like 1