Free at Sea

Traveller20074

26 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

There is plenty of free water.  Just not in bottles.

...nor cartons. 😛

12 hours ago, Traveller20074 said:

when I booked originally, I did the excursion, and didn't want the Free at Sea unlimited bar....is it too late to change my mind?

"Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 24 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board"

I wouldn't cut it that close but you can change your selection(s). You would be charged or refunded any applicable service charge depending on the change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PuppyFoster said:

Just an FYI, the "free" unlimited bar gets a $138.00 pp service charge tacked on to  your bill.   It also does not include water. 

2 or so alcohol drinks a day will easily cover that.  Also includes soft drinks..

Edited by PTC DAWG

so between the difference in cruise fare plus the gratuities on my 9 night cruise was about $500 PP. so average the cost of a drink at $7.00, if i have more then 8 drinks per day ( which I absolutely do on vacation lol) it is worth it. but if you are a 2 drink a day person free at see beverage is a waist.   

8 hours ago, wolft927 said:

so between the difference in cruise fare plus the gratuities on my 9 night cruise was about $500 PP. so average the cost of a drink at $7.00, if i have more then 8 drinks per day ( which I absolutely do on vacation lol) it is worth it. but if you are a 2 drink a day person free at see beverage is a waist.   

Most drinks on a cruise are much more than $7 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

I completely agree.

Currently, "The Drink of the Day" special price is $9.00 (based on some posted on Freestyle Daily).  Those same drinks, any other day, are closer to $15 (possibly more)!

I can confirm those $9 drinks of the day. I had a Mango Meltdown (see, even I can learn a thing or two) and the price was $13.20. Not quite $15, but getting close. Also, I wasn't too impressed with it...I didn't realize it was a frozen drink. 

On my cruise (just got off it on Monday) I had several drinks, no beverage package at all (even soda). No drinks cost more than $15, but several came close. I've got to imagine we will see a lot more above $15 soon and the beverage package allowance going up too. They already raised the price, so hopefully they'll raise the allowance...I'm looking forward to Premium Plus on my next cruise though. I will order enough for two cruises!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I can confirm those $9 drinks of the day. I had a Mango Meltdown (see, even I can learn a thing or two) and the price was $13.20. Not quite $15, but getting close. Also, I wasn't too impressed with it...I didn't realize it was a frozen drink. 

On my cruise (just got off it on Monday) I had several drinks, no beverage package at all (even soda). No drinks cost more than $15, but several came close. I've got to imagine we will see a lot more above $15 soon and the beverage package allowance going up too. They already raised the price, so hopefully they'll raise the allowance...I'm looking forward to Premium Plus on my next cruise though. I will order enough for two cruises!

I love your posts!

I actually thought that maybe NCL had a new concoction, so a "Mango Madness" would make sense. (Maybe you could create yourself an unfrozen version and start a new craze!)😀

Thank you for verifying the price, also.