Tests Covid 19

hotrod610

I'm hijacking this.....

We're departing from Athens, where a test is required.  Is NCL accepting internet proctored self tests?  I've heard mixed answers.

Also, best self test to get?  I have a bunch of Binax but can't seem to find info about getting it proctored other than vague answers that's it's possible on the Abbott website. Tyia 

11 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Also, best self test to get?  I have a bunch of Binax but can't seem to find info about getting it proctored other than vague answers that's it's possible on the Abbott website. Tyia 

I use OnPoint Testing, which is a Telehealth service where you supply the test and they proctor it.  They do Binax and all the others accepted by FDA.  I personally find Binax a bit more difficult than some of the others but they're all accepted.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, v3cruiser said:

its messy. so many changes. costa rica says you dont need a vaccine to come to country yet ncl still says you do to embark.

It is important that people follow the cruise line rules. For example, NCL used to require 100% of the passengers and crew to be fully vaccinated when the CDC did not require it. If you were not vaccinated, you would be denied boarding. Same now. If you are not compliant with the cruise line rules, you will be denied boarding. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, Yesimapirate said:

I'm hijacking this.....

We're departing from Athens, where a test is required.  Is NCL accepting internet proctored self tests?  I've heard mixed answers.

Everything could change before you depart for your cruise, so definitely keep watching the NCL website and each country's website that you're visiting...we used an at-home proctored test by Ellume. On 9/3, In Manhattan, the agent had no clue if it was acceptable or not, so had to go talk with a supervisor. Definitely gave me a slight case of heartburn, although they did have at-pier testing for a charge so we could have just tested then. NCL did wind up accepting our test.