Double points for past cruises for solos

Have tried RCCL CAS website and facebook. At least Cheyenne on RCCL FB said she would get back to me. So was hoping I could get some feedback for those that have been through this. I didnt know I could get double points for cruising solo when I paid for double occupancy. Never applied for this and my cruises were years ago. But since points do not expire, shouldnt they give me my points? Does anyone know who I should contact that can actually make a decision on this? Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Cruising started said:

Have tried RCCL CAS website and facebook. At least Cheyenne on RCCL FB said she would get back to me. So was hoping I could get some feedback for those that have been through this. I didnt know I could get double points for cruising solo when I paid for double occupancy. Never applied for this and my cruises were years ago. But since points do not expire, shouldnt they give me my points? Does anyone know who I should contact that can actually make a decision on this? Thanks in advance.

The double points for solo didn’t start until 2013 or 2014. Somebody will know exactly when. Were your solo cruises after that time frame?

If you go into your C&A account and click on past cruises, you will see a complete list of all the RCL cruises you have taken, and the points associated with them. As crzndeb said, I do not believe the extra point for solos went into effect until sometime after RCL switched from points per cruise to points per night in 2011.

1 hour ago, Cruising started said:

They were 2012 and 2013. So maybe I missed the double point date start. I gave the dates on the posts to RCCL so guess they should have known they may not apply? But thanks for the response, now if they say no I wont be upset/surprised. Thanks.

Found this…..

Royal Caribbean is set to double the amount of Crown and Anchor Society points each cruise solo cruisers recieve.  Instead of just one point per night, solo cruisers will recieve two points per night sailed.

/sites/default/files/cabin_0.PNGThe change is being made because solo cruisers pay a special solo rate, which is essentially double the normal rate.  Therefore, paying double should net you double the points.

Cruise Tricks is reporting the change in points will be applied to all cruises in October 2013 and going forward.  

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When on your next cruise, go to the Crown & Anchor and talk to them.  Our first cruises we only got 1 point per cruise whether it was for 3 nights or more.  When that changed, I spoke to them and they told me the credited us with the extra points.  I have to take their word for it.  

• 4 months later...

I keep an excel record of all of my cruises.

The first cruise on which I received double points while solo was September 2013.  (agreeing with the article quoted above.)  The specific sailing was September 22-29.  I remember quite clearly that this was the first eligible date.

@Cruising started If your cruises were before this date, you are not entitled to double points.