Visa Requirements Email

510picker

We are booked on a southern Caribbean cruise in November that goes to HMC, Aruba and Curaçao. I’ve gotten a couple of emails from HAL regarding Visa Notifications. The email never indicates the places we are visiting require visas, only that some countries require them and it is our responsibility to obtain them. 

We’ve been to these same places in the past and I believe I’ve gotten these same emails, but I also want to make sure I’m not missing something or something has changed. I will definitely be in the doghouse if we are denied boarding due to lack of proposer documentation. 

39 minutes ago, 510picker said:

We are booked on a southern Caribbean cruise in November that goes to HMC, Aruba and Curaçao. I’ve gotten a couple of emails from HAL regarding Visa Notifications. The email never indicates the places we are visiting require visas, only that some countries require them and it is our responsibility to obtain them. 

We’ve been to these same places in the past and I believe I’ve gotten these same emails, but I also want to make sure I’m not missing something or something has changed. I will definitely be in the doghouse if we are denied boarding due to lack of proposer documentation. 

Are you US citizens traveling with US Passports or with US birth certificates and ID?  If so no problem.

If you are using a passport from a different country then you might need a visa (varies by country).

I think the same issue was discussed in another thread and it sounds like there may be something missing in the online checkin:

I'll suggest going back to your online checking and see if something is missing.  It sounds like it could be something as simple  as an emergency contact.

Roy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I think the same issue was discussed in another thread and it sounds like there may be something missing in the online checkin:

I'll suggest going back to your online checking and see if something is missing.  It sounds like it could be something as simple  as an emergency contact.

Roy

Unfortunately sometimes it’s not that easy.  I get an error message pretty much every time.  I call because I can’t see anything.  They ask if I’m Canadian and I reply yes.  It’s some hidden field that they have to correct. 

• Like 1