Sabor on Harmony

jp2746

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not a fan of the basement either?

It’s not a giant deal to me now that vouchers have replaced the open bar happy hour, though we do still pop in nightly, but I did enjoy being back in the Viking Crown DL on Indy & look forward to it again next month.

We checked to be sure our cards worked at the door...but will most likely be the only time we visit there.  LOL!  😄 

11 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Some folks will disagree, and have with my thoughts on this.  But, I have no doubt that the cruise industry monitors these large social media sites to see what their customers, former customers and potential customers are saying.  I don't think our comments are ignored.  They may not act on them or at least not quickly, but they do read them, I'm sure.  This is MY opinion.

BTW, I think I already mentioned it, but I really like Sabor and I hope it stays.  Yes, it could probably be updated a bit and they need to go back to Ala Carte menu.  I'm not saying this for me, but for those that actually have to pay for the upcharge venues.  

We've had two experiences at Sabor.  First time on Oasis, we thought it was just okay.  Second time on HOTS was a hot mess.  The food was lukewarm at best.  But the kicker was my beans were ice cold and I mean ICE as in they were taken out of the refrigerator and served to me.  We didn't enjoy it and won't eat there again.  It's not very good Mexican.  The HW who was asked by our waiter to come by after we complained about my beans and the overall food temperature offered to buy us another meal there.   We said no.  He kept insisting and offered us another specialty (same tier)  DH asked for Izumi Hibachi and was told it's a tier higher restaurant but finally he gave it to us the next day.  I'm assuming after clearing it.  That was just okay also as we have a fabulous hibachi place near our home and they are not the same.  We also ate at 150 on that trip and that was byfar the best specialty meal we have ever had.  Food was outstanding as was the service.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

We've had two experiences at Sabor.  First time on Oasis, we thought it was just okay.  Second time on HOTS was a hot mess.  The food was lukewarm at best.  But the kicker was my beans were ice cold and I mean ICE as in they were taken out of the refrigerator and served to me.  We didn't enjoy it and won't eat there again.  It's not very good Mexican.  The HW who was asked by our waiter to come by after we complained about my beans and the overall food temperature offered to buy us another meal there.   We said no.  He kept insisting and offered us another specialty (same tier)  DH asked for Izumi Hibachi and was told it's a tier higher restaurant but finally he gave it to us the next day.  I'm assuming after clearing it.  That was just okay also as we have a fabulous hibachi place near our home and they are not the same.  We also ate at 150 on that trip and that was byfar the best specialty meal we have ever had.  Food was outstanding as was the service.  

Agree...love 150.  Going there for dinner tonight.  Hope I did not jinx myself.  😮 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We checked to be sure our cards worked at the door...but will most likely be the only time we visit there.  LOL!  😄 

We went this morning about 7:30 for coffee to go.  We were the only ones on there.  Not sure if it is crowded at cocktail time. 

m

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We went this morning about 7:30 for coffee to go.  We were the only ones on there.  Not sure if it is crowded at cocktail time. 

m

We poked our heads in there around 6 pm last night I think it was, mostly just to see if our cards worked in the door.  There were maybe a dozen pax in there.  Was a rather depressing mood.  

We left to go up to the suites lounge to hang out at the bar with Louie.  He has become our favorite bartender on this go round.  😉