Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

37 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

It's rainy and grey here today.  And, it's supposed to get down to the 40ºs this weekend.  And, my Bengals have a bye.

I'm this close () to booking a cruise today!

I am close to booking a cruise in early November 2023 from New York City to New Orleans on The Breakway.

What is your plan??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

I am close to booking a cruise in early November 2023 from New York City to New Orleans on The Breakway.

What is your plan??

This one will be an impulse booking if it happens.  Wake up one morning “in a mood” and book a cruise.  That’s m plan.  LOL!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

This one will be an impulse booking if it happens.  Wake up one morning “in a mood” and book a cruise.  That’s m plan.  LOL!

Actually, I’m a perpetual deal hunter.  If I find a deal I can’t pass up, I book it.

I know there are those out there who post that NCL fares are too high, or Royal’s fares are too high, or Carnival’s fares are too high, etc, etc.

Deals are out there on ALL cruise lines.  You just have to do a little digging.

• Like 5

On 9/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, JamieLogical said:

The spa is stupidly expensive on this sailing, but I am going to have to pull the trigger. One thing I do miss on Celebrity is the Breakaway/Breakaway+ Thermal Spas, so I am not going to pass up the chance to use one again and on a cold weather cruise, it will be very nice to have access.

Jamie, glad to see you back on NCL!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ESCARGO said:

Hi Arzeena! My brother is on your next cruise on RCL next week! He looks like me, so say hello. Wow, I miss sailing with you & RJ!

Ted 🤗

Hello Ted! Good to hear from you. We miss sailing with you too! I miss NCL! All of our cruises after start up have been Celebrity and a couple on Royal. Couldn't find anything on NCL that worked with our schedule. Still have some certificates to use.

I will keep an eye out for him. Have a wonderful Thanks Giving!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, ESCARGO said:

Jamie, I totally agree with you as being one of the best cruises! I think having so many solos onboard made it special. I emailed Ed yesterday to thank him for the fun and laughs. 😅 He emailed me back that we have to cruise again as he had a lot of fun and he also met some great people! I forgot to ask you for your email so we can keep in touch and plan another cruise. If you still have his business card, email him. 🙂

Ted

Ted you have my email.

Drop me a line re your cruise 2023 schedule or deals. Our cruise timetable is busy but I may have room to play around.

And MKing (Henry) too......keep me updated. Thanks!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I have never regretted that. Even with the waves! Used to book very last minute (for the best deals) in the past going out of NY or Bayonne.

NO regrets booking during hurricane season.  Scored some really good deals, too.

A couple of times storms diverted us, but nothing that caused my BVDs to get in a bunch except when NCL knew a hurricane was imminent and refused to cancel the cruise until 4-5 hours before embarkation, after I had already flown to FL and was stuck in a hotel room with flights either full or cancelled.  Still steamed about that.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

I think it’s great that NCL (and really most cruise lines) recognizing that solos are a viable group and starting to offer us reasons to book with them.

Just looking around, this cruise was a perfect example.  There were quite a large solo contingency.  Pricing was reasonable (actually it was great given it’s the cheapest cruise I’ve ever taken).  Plus, we had priority access to some entertainment and dining venues, as well as a solo guest coordinator.

Celebrity has done this in the past.  Just now, looked at some MSC cruises that offer some very attractive solo fares, too.

Edited by graphicguy

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I have never regretted that. Even with the waves! Used to book very last minute (for the best deals) in the past going out of NY or Bayonne.

Hi Arzeena, 

100% agree We have sailed to Bermuda 4 times in the month of September and the deals are definitely there. Not only that but the weather for us was absolutely perfect each time. (knock on wood 😉)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Hi Arzeena, 

100% agree We have sailed to Bermuda 4 times in the month of September and the deals are definitely there. Not only that but the weather for us was absolutely perfect each time. (knock on wood 😉)

Hello hello, long time no chat!

I was just telling RJ that our Bermuda cruises have never morphed into NE or Bhamas cruises even in the worst storms. Knock wood and not going to jinx  it.

• Like 1

Way off topic, but I cruise....a lot.  Taking my phone, my tablet, my headphones, my cables, etc....that takes up a lot of room.  Wherever possible, I try to cut down on weight and space in my luggage.

Family, friends, and some here, always seem to question how I get by with just carry on for a 7 day cruise.

Tech wise, I like little, easily stored accessories.  All of the following, together, fits in a pouch smaller than a small cosmetic bag and can be used anywhere.

https://www.anker.com/products/a2625?variant=41093993103510&ref=bf

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Universal-Multiple-Gold-Plated-Connectors/dp/B07XQ5V94Z/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=1344703291738589&hvadid=84044194281049&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=61374&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=p&hvtargid=kwd-84044314387177%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=25937_13486704&keywords=multi-cable+connector&qid=1668545470&sr=8-5

https://clutchcharger.com/collections/clutch-chargers...this charges my iPhone, my iPad, and my Air Pods.  I buy these for people at Christmas.  Small, light, and does the job.  They have a version for Android items, too.  Shameless plug, if you use this Code, I get points and you get a discount (on top of what they already offer)......DANIEL85418

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Way off topic, but I cruise....a lot.  Taking my phone, my tablet, my headphones, my cables, etc....that takes up a lot of room.  Wherever possible, I try to cut down on weight and space in my luggage.

Family, friends, and some here, always seem to question how I get by with just carry on for a 7 day cruise.

Tech wise, I like little, easily stored accessories.  All of the following, together, fits in a pouch smaller than a small cosmetic bag and can be used anywhere.

https://www.anker.com/products/a2625?variant=41093993103510&ref=bf

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Universal-Multiple-Gold-Plated-Connectors/dp/B07XQ5V94Z/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=1344703291738589&hvadid=84044194281049&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=61374&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=p&hvtargid=kwd-84044314387177%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=25937_13486704&keywords=multi-cable+connector&qid=1668545470&sr=8-5

https://clutchcharger.com/collections/clutch-chargers...this charges my iPhone, my iPad, and my Air Pods.  I buy these for people at Christmas.  Small, light, and does the job.  They have a version for Android items, too.  Shameless plug, if you use this Code, I get points and you get a discount (on top of what they already offer)......DANIEL85418

Hope this helps someone.

I am an Anker fan. The Clutch is clutch. 

I might need to get that hydra cord. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Didn’t want to start a whole new thread for this, but check your NCL accounts.  Apparently, NCL is pushing the 4/16/23 Encore sailing with a 10% off coupon in your Latitudes account.  Just a heads up!

It's the Escape and I checked it out, even though the timing wouldn't work at all for me. They haven't dropped the solo supplement, so even with the 10% off, not a great deal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

It's the Escape and I checked it out, even though the timing wouldn't work at all for me. They haven't dropped the solo supplement, so even with the 10% off, not a great deal.

Agree.  NCL is good at marketing, though.

It's even a Spring Break Cruise during hurricane season. So, taking that into account, it's not a good deal, at all!

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Didn’t want to start a whole new thread for this, but check your NCL accounts.  Apparently, NCL is pushing the 4/16/23 Encore sailing with a 10% off coupon in your Latitudes account.  Just a heads up!

Hi Dan! You're not the only one looking for a great discounted cruise! Ted

Well, I did it! I was looking at MSC's Black Friday Sale and saw the first 7-day inaugural cruise from Brooklyn after the Meraviglia comes to NY. 

I booked the last Solo Aft Balcony and it was only $657 with free drinks, wifi & a $50 obc! Here's the itinerary:
image.png.ba70d0b7aab0878f06dbca3b7d54206b.png