Latest time to disembark Nieuw Statendam in Boston?

C-sea

Perhaps a more relevant question would be "at what time can we no longer eat a relaxing breakfast"?

All facilities close early on turnaround day and since Covid, room service breakfast has not been available.   On our recent cruise Lido closed at 9am sharp! (very sharp!) MDR closed at 8.30 am

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:22 PM, VMax1700 said:

Perhaps a more relevant question would be "at what time can we no longer eat a relaxing breakfast"?

All facilities close early on turnaround day and since Covid, room service breakfast has not been available.   On our recent cruise Lido closed at 9am sharp! (very sharp!) MDR closed at 8.30 am

I am interested, too, in this question of how late can you stay on the ship on last day. But VMax17’s  comment about room service is a jaw-dropper, if still true. Is room service not available at all, or just on the last day?

On 9/15/2022 at 4:16 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Fleetwide, and worldwide, they will be pushing you off around 9:30.

When you say “pushing you off by 9:30,” do you mean they begin disembarkation then? Or do you mean they try to clear the entire ship of passengers by 9:30?

10 minutes ago, BillderBo said:

When you say “pushing you off by 9:30,” do you mean they begin disembarkation then? Or do you mean they try to clear the entire ship of passengers by 9:30?

Clear the entire ship by around 9:30AM. Room service not available on final morning before leaving the ship. Available during the cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillderBo said:

I am interested, too, in this question of how late can you stay on the ship on last day. But VMax17’s  comment about room service is a jaw-dropper, if still true. Is room service not available at all, or just on the last day?

Room service is definitely still available. It's just limited on the final day. But all the other eating venues are open earlier. 

I will give times from our recent Rotterdam cruise in Europe.

Breakfast in MDR 6.30am to 8.30 am

Breakfast in Lido 5.30am to 9.00 am

Disembark times from 6.15 am (self assist) to 9.00am (for late independent).

Disembark times for Club Orange, 4star and 5 star was 6.45am to 9.45 am.

We disembarked at about 9.35am and the ship was almost deserted and there was minimal lugguge remaining in the luggage hall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oakridger said:

@CruiserBruce what do you mean by "limited" on the room service menu for debarkation day?  I, too, have read here that it wasn't available for some people.  I would be very happy to hear that it is available on all ships again!

Thanks,

~Nancy

From our 3 cruises this year, I seem to recall room service was only available to 7 or 7:30 on the disembarking day, but I could be wrong.  On all the other days of a cruise,  room service is fully available. 

• Thanks 1

Just got off the Nieuw Statendam in Boston.  There was no in room dining available this morning, at least for “regular” guests.  Maybe the people in suites were able to order room service, but that option wasn’t on the instructions we received yesterday. We could stay in our cabins until our groups were called.

Disembarkation times were right on schedule.  
Very sorry I took the ship’s shuttle.  No assistance from HAL at all once we left the terminal.  I felt so bad for the many people with canes and walkers struggling to get down the long sidewalk to where the big buses were parked. 
Last scheduled disembarkation time was 9:30.
Great cruise, however.  

Edited by Suzanne123

On our recent cruise, the normal room service breakfast was available for suite guests.  I believe I remember hearing that the Pinnacle Grill was also open for breakfast that day, although we used room service due to a very early transfer.  Room service was available earlier than normal, I believe the published time was 5:30 AM to start, although our breakfast arrived at 5:15 AM while we were still rolling out of bed.