Question for those on SUMMIT in AQUA right now

letsgogogo

We are hearing stories from those in aqua on this fully packed Canada sailing that waits for Blu are running 45 minutes for dinner unless you show up when they first open. I have lofty MoveUp bids for this similar itinerary on 10/3 and I’m second guessing. 

I was in Aqua Class on the Summit last November during Thanksgiving Week and we did have to wait two nights, about 20 mins. Blu is a small dining room on M-Class ships and we do enjoy eating prime time at 7pm. we were given pagers and yes it was a bit annoying but we sat in Cellar Masters and had a drink while we waited.  Also a heads up, there's a table for two in Blu in the rear on the left side that is in a TERRIBLE location and it was routinely rejected by everyone. Most of the two tables are in the rear and sides of the dining room.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I was in Aqua Class on the Summit last November during Thanksgiving Week and we did have to wait two nights, about 20 mins. Blu is a small dining room on M-Class ships and we do enjoy eating prime time at 7pm. we were given pagers and yes it was a bit annoying but we sat in Cellar Masters and had a drink while we waited.  Also a heads up, there's a table for two in Blu in the rear on the left side that is in a TERRIBLE location and it was routinely rejected by everyone. Most of the two tables are in the rear and sides of the dining room.

Just curios what makes it a TERRIBLE location ??

27 minutes ago, sdnich said:

Just curios what makes it a TERRIBLE location ??

In order to squeeze more 2 tables in they placed a two table right past the wine cabinet in a space that was meant as a walkway from the rear kitchen.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

We are hearing stories from those in aqua on this fully packed Canada sailing that waits for Blu are running 45 minutes for dinner unless you show up when they first open. I have lofty MoveUp bids for this similar itinerary on 10/3 and I’m second guessing. 

Here's the Roll Call for the current Summit cruise. Ask there. Possibly someone on that cruise will take time out of their fun to check and answer your question. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2784267-celebrity-summit-september-11-2022-10-nights-boston-maine-canada/?do=getNewComment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Here's the Roll Call for the current Summit cruise. Ask there. Possibly someone on that cruise will take time out of their fun to check and answer your question. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2784267-celebrity-summit-september-11-2022-10-nights-boston-maine-canada/?do=getNewComment

Best idea ever! Done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Go to Blu when it first opens and you won't have any issues getting the table you want. However, if you wait until between 6-7:30 pm to eat, you take your chances, especially if you want to eat in a section where you get the same servers every night. Sorry, but we were on the Summit for 24 days last month and that's pretty much how it worked.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:21 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Go to Blu when it first opens and you won't have any issues getting the table you want. However, if you wait until between 6-7:30 pm to eat, you take your chances, especially if you want to eat in a section where you get the same servers every night. Sorry, but we were on the Summit for 24 days last month and that's pretty much how it worked.

What time does Blu start winding down. I’d we want to dine late, at what point do the wait times simmer down to under 15 max?

20 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

What time does Blu start winding down. I’d we want to dine late, at what point do the wait times simmer down to under 15 max?

Unfortunately, I have no idea as we arrived when Blu opened at 5 pm so we could make the early show and never had to deal with the buzzers. On our first leg (Aug 7-19), the early show started at 6:30 and the late show was at 8:30. On our second leg (Aug 19-31), they changed the showtimes to 6:45 and 8:45. Not sure what the current show times are.

However, my totally uninformed guess would be the busiest time in Blu would start either early enough for folks to subsequently make the late show, maybe between 6-7 pm, and when the early show gets out for those wanting to eat afterwards. So I’m thinking after 8-8:30 once the early dinners head to the late show?

Edited by Ken the cruiser