Royal Suites

ChefSha

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

I think it's only our personal quirk, but on embarkation day, we'll stand for an hour with our first glass of wine after lunch and watch the provisioning process from our veranda if we're on the correct side.  We usually book starboard, on TAs in particular.

You know it is that sort of thing we enjoy too…

Perhaps people are balcony people or they are not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I agree with @Gordoncruickshank the hot tubs are a miss for us. I’d be curious to hear from those who use them. 

I would only use it if someone could show me the log as to when the filters were last cleaned and it was just before our cruise. Other than that it will stay a useless blockage on the balcony to us. You have no idea what turns up in the filters of Jacuzzis when someone get round to doing them.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

Happy to know that we aren't the only pair who are so easily amused!

You are definitely not the only pair! And I also like watching the container on/off loading, etc when we're docked near a facility. Watching all those machines driving around and stacking/unstacking can be downright mesmerizing...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dlh015 said:

You are definitely not the only pair! And I also like watching the container on/off loading, etc when we're docked near a facility. Watching all those machines driving around and stacking/unstacking can be downright mesmerizing...

We really enjoy this too!  On our last sailing out of NJ on Summit, we saw an entire pallet of water dropped by someone.  He just sat there and stared at it for a minute, then 4 others walked up and just stared at it 😆.  I did have an occasional can with a small dent on that cruise and wondered if it was part of the dropped pallet!

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 3:47 PM, jelayne said:

I hope you realize that the RS on E class has a small balcony that can only be accessed through the bedroom. Some have been surprised and disappointed by those things.

According to the videos I’ve seen of the RS on APEX there’s 2 balconies, 1 from living area and 1 from bedroom. Different from the EDGE. Not the biggest balcony, but there are too. Also shows it on cruise deck plans website. 

26 minutes ago, ChefSha said:

According to the videos I’ve seen of the RS on APEX there’s 2 balconies, 1 from living area and 1 from bedroom. Different from the EDGE. Not the biggest balcony, but there are too. Also shows it on cruise deck plans website. 

Upon reading this, I just watched 2 different APEX walkthrough videos and saw only one balcony in each video--same as on EDGE. Also the image on cruse deck plans shows only one balcony off the bedroom.

I'm not sure what videos or images you have been looking at.

1 hour ago, ChefSha said:

There is a sitting area with floor to ceiling windows facing out and facing the balcony on one side.  It may appear to be a balcony but it’s just a full view seating area.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 8:22 AM, chemmo said:

We like sun beds on the balcony as well as chairs. Not so much to do with the ‘sun’ part but definitely the ‘bed’. We are older now, have limited mobility and a comfortable place to sit/lie and enjoy the view day or night is an important pleasure for us. Our ability to enjoy excursions has become more restricted but we can choose a room that fits what we want. 

I totally understand what is important to us is not important to you…As I previously said, all about choices.

I agree Chemo...it's about choices.  DH and I haven't left the ship for our last 3 cruises.  We've been on most of the excursions for the itinaries we have been booking.  The PH veranda gave us lots of options:  cool breezes on one side, calm sun and shade on the other.  We are going to experience star gazing laying on a subbed with a glass of wine for our upcoming cruise. 🙂

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

I agree Chemo...it's about choices.  DH and I haven't left the ship for our last 3 cruises.  We've been on most of the excursions for the itinaries we have been booking.  The PH veranda gave us lots of options:  cool breezes on one side, calm sun and shade on the other.  We are going to experience star gazing laying on a subbed with a glass of wine for our upcoming cruise. 🙂

My kind of relaxation!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

Wonder how well the PH are selling on E class compared to M  and S class? Personally no chance I’d go PH on E unless the itinerary wasn’t available on S or M. 

I loved the penthouse on the edge , I did royal suites a couple of times on M class. The retreat I think gives edge class the edge 😁😁. Only disappointment was the balcony.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, islabahia said:

Why does it matter why they want a big balcony?  We love AFT Sky Suites on S class!  We spend much time in our cabin and the balcony is a huge draw for us!  We have no interest in E class.  Have never experienced soot on Reflection 2208 or 2217.  Great overhang and no intrusive noise from above.

Did you have the window washing cage in front of your side porthole window the entire cruise- We did.  It was parked outside the porthole window.  Perhaps better on the Edge class then on the S class ships

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, islabahia said:

We have no interest in E class.

Same here!

As for using the tub on the RS balcony, we have used it a token one time on each of our RS stays.  As it's just a glorified bath tub, I much prefer the one in the bathroom.  Most of our RS sailings have been in warm climates.  Perhaps if we were in Alaska, we might use it more but a true hot tub keeps the heat of the water constant...

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Same here!

As for using the tub on the RS balcony, we have used it a token one time on each of our RS stays.  As it's just a glorified bath tub, I much prefer the one in the bathroom.  Most of our RS sailings have been in warm climates.  Perhaps if we were in Alaska, we might use it more but a true hot tub keeps the heat of the water constant...

I would think the tub could be a nice way to cool off in warm climates, no? At least that's how I' plan to use it. My own personal plunge pool.

• Like 2

Just now, RichYak said:

I would think the tub could be a nice way to cool off in warm climates, no? At least that's how I' plan to use it. My own personal plunge pool.

DW loves the things, especially in the mornings and on sea days.  She's out there for a couple hours at a time.

17 hours ago, RichYak said:

Upon reading this, I just watched 2 different APEX walkthrough videos and saw only one balcony in each video--same as on EDGE. Also the image on cruse deck plans shows only one balcony off the bedroom.

I'm not sure what videos or images you have been looking at.

I just rewatched them, you are correct, you can just see the outside from the living, But getting there through the bedroom to me is no biggie, it would be my bedroom after all. Thanks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Can’t beat sitting in the balcony hot tub on a sea day, cool beverage in hand, jumbo shrimps on ice, just don’t forget to tip the butler! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ChefSha said:

I just rewatched them, you are correct, you can just see the outside from the living, But getting there through the bedroom to me is no biggie, it would be my bedroom after all. Thanks. 

Just remember the path if inviting guests.  Moving from living area to veranda is a much more sensible flow for events.  That's why we prefer M class with access both ways.

• Like 3