So do I need a covid test or not?

clueless2

We have B2B cruises scheduled leaving Oct 1.  A 7 day California and 15 day Hawaii leaving from SF on Ruby.  When I logged into Cruise Personalizer for the California cruise this morning I got this pop-up.  Between the sentence telling me we need to be vaccinated and a sentence stating the need for a negative covid test there is a hyphen.  Not an AND.  Not an OR.  A hyphen.  My hope is this means you only need the test if you're not vaccinated.   I guess I'll try to contact Princess to see if they can shed any light on this....  

image.thumb.png.429bb6071c9f0249ba6c282393591327.png

1 hour ago, clueless2 said:

We have B2B cruises scheduled leaving Oct 1.  A 7 day California and 15 day Hawaii leaving from SF on Ruby.  When I logged into Cruise Personalizer for the California cruise this morning I got this pop-up.  Between the sentence telling me we need to be vaccinated and a sentence stating the need for a negative covid test there is a hyphen.  Not an AND.  Not an OR.  A hyphen.  My hope is this means you only need the test if you're not vaccinated.   I guess I'll try to contact Princess to see if they can shed any light on this....  

image.thumb.png.429bb6071c9f0249ba6c282393591327.png

Is this cruise going to Canada? We are going to Hawaii from LA and our foreign port is Mexico. Vaxed so no testing required for us.

And I just got an email from Princess (via my TA) that says this.  Which is what I thought were the requirements.

- Guests ages 5 and above who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 do not
require pre-cruise COVID-19 testing for this voyage. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an
approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
- Guests ages 5 and above who have not been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are
required to take a viral COVID-19 test within 3 days of embarkation and attest to a negative result. Self tests are accepted.

• Like 2

I'm on the 15-day Hawaii, next month, out of San Francisco. I haven't received any special notifications that fully vaccinated passengers need testing.  Some of the Hawaii cruises out of Los Angeles, that include Tahiti, are requiring testing. At one time there was also a requirement for testing on cruises that were longer than 15 days. Perhaps that is why some passengers are getting additional notifications for testing?

So I just noticed this on the web version of the Ocean Medallion App.  Maybe that's why there's a hyphen in the pop up message I got.  

If not sailing on an enhanced guideline voyage, upload of a negative PCR/Antigen test is recommended but NOT REQUIRED to board

On 9/18/2022 at 4:17 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Unless your sailing includes either Canada or Greece, post #6 by @clueless2 covers it.  And if you are including Greece it must be an IN PERSON test...no tele-proctored tests accepted.

PCL posted an update on SEP 19 for Greece.  They do need to fix the header but testing is only required for voyages DEPARTING from Greece.  Those with port calls do not require a test (providing you qualify per the general Europe protocols).  If departing Greece, they still want in-person with hardcopy report.

• Thanks 1

It’s SO confusing with the gap between the header for Greece and the note below the table.  I really wish Princess would get its act together and figure out how to communicate.  It’s really very simple.

I don’t know whether to trust the header or the footnote and I expect that doing a chat or a phone call to inquire could produce many different, inconsistent answers.

Any thoughts on how to get confirmation on this?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

PCL posted an update on SEP 19 for Greece.  They do need to fix the header but testing is only required for voyages DEPARTING from Greece.  Those with port calls do not require a test (providing you qualify per the general Europe protocols).  If departing Greece, they still want in-person with hardcopy report.

Nice! Thanks for pointing that out for me! I had not caught that update. 

I received the same pop up message for my CA Coastal Cruise (departing 10/1 on Discovery out of LA) with a brief stop in Ensenada.   My wording is a similar to yours.....it came on my Booking confirmation yesterday and it is listed on my travel summary as well.   

It is not on my following Mexican Riviera cruise (departing 10/8 on Discovery out of LA).   

I'm vaxxed/boosted and am doing a proctored antigen test to cover my basis.   Don't trust Princess at the moment.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 7.56.40 PM.png