Shore Excursions Princess Australia & New Zealand - Are the prices quoted USD or AU?

4 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I see shore excursions on the Princess Web Site for the Austrailan and New Zealand ports.  I am told the currency onboard is AU.  Does anyone know for certain if the prices quoted are Australian Dollars or USD? 

What ship and were are you  sailing ?

SOME Repo are in USD .

Screenshot_20220919-040947_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hogbay
Ad link

Hi, go into Personaliser, then Account, then Manage Booking for the relevant cruise. Under Summary you'll see what currency applies to your cruise. All costs, including Princess booked shore tours, will be in that currency 💰

Edited by Jean C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

Hi, go into Personaliser, then Account, then Manage Booking for the relevant cruise. Under Summary you'll see what currency applies to your cruise. All costs, including Princess booked shore tours, will be in that currency 💰

I actually asked our PvP this question yesterday for our Alaska cruise, and even though our onboard folio states charges will be in USD, he said my booking made he in aus, we paid in AUD and any excursions I book will be in AUD, presuming of course I book them pre cruise, as is our intention.

So when I look under excursions on our cruise, I presume the prices (showing to me at least) will be AUD?

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

I actually asked our PvP this question yesterday for our Alaska cruise, and even though our onboard folio states charges will be in USD, he said my booking made he in aus, we paid in AUD and any excursions I book will be in AUD, presuming of course I book them pre cruise, as is our intention.

So when I look under excursions on our cruise, I presume the prices (showing to me at least) will be AUD?

You could test the accuracy of this by doing a test shore excursions booking, stopping short of actually paying for it, and see what that tells you. Interesting if it is in AUD 🤔 

• Like 1

Just now, Jean C said:

You could test the accuracy of this by doing a test shore excursions booking, stopping short of actually paying for it, and see what that tells you. Interesting if it is in AUD 🤔 

We do have one booked already through PvP to make sure onboard credit was used. 
so I’m presuming it is aud. However was very pleased that the obc to received was usd

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

We do have one booked already through PvP to make sure onboard credit was used. 
so I’m presuming it is aud. However was very pleased that the obc to received was usd

On our last cruise we had OBC and when we did test shore tour booking prior to sailing there was a check box for "use OBC" 😀 

• Like 1

If you look at the excursions under Plan A Cruise on the Princess website they are all in USD. 

However once you have booked a cruise departing from Australia or NZ that has AUD onboard costs and look at the excursions in the Personalizer they are in AUD, even the World Cruise prices.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you look at the excursions under Plan A Cruise on the Princess website they are all in USD. 

However once you have booked a cruise departing from Australia or NZ that has AUD onboard costs and look at the excursions in the Personalizer they are in AUD, even the World Cruise prices.

So the cruise originated in Vancouver but I booked it through our PvP here. So price was in aud. Would that be the same?

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

My guess is that, if the on-board currency is US$, then the tours would be priced in US$.

That’s fair enough unless maybe if you pay for them via credit card from aus? I’ll investigate it 🥰

Just now, Cbtours said:

That’s fair enough unless maybe if you pay for them via credit card from aus? I’ll investigate it 🥰

It's difficult to know and unfortunately my experience with Princess is that the agents on the phone don't always have all the info.

Just a thought - How about looking at a particular tour on the Princess site (not your Personalizer), then look at the same tour via your Personalizer. If the dollar value increases in line with the currency exchange rate, you will know it is AUD.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I see shore excursions on the Princess Web Site for the Austrailan and New Zealand ports.  I am told the currency onboard is AU.  Does anyone know for certain if the prices quoted are Australian Dollars or USD? 

Let's do a comparison between what I see in Oz, and what you are seeing in the US. More questions than answers otherwise.

A tour common to most Sydney based  cruises is a post-cruise tour of the city and Bondi Beach before being dropped at the airport. Tour = Syd-985

For me to book in Australia in Aussie dollars is $69.95. If you can find this tour on the personaliser, what price do you see?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cbtours said:

So the cruise originated in Vancouver but I booked it through our PvP here. So price was in aud. Would that be the same?

Now that's something I'm not sure of but you can check it. Look at the excursion prices under Plan a Cruise without being logged in to Princess and you will see the USD price. Then log in and look at those excursions for that cruise in the Personalizer. If the price is the same it's USD, if it's higher it's AUD and I think it actually says AUD - I'll just go and check.

Yes, it shows AUD against the price when it is.

Screenshot_20220919-143658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

16 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

If you're looking at the US Princess site they'd be in USD wouldn't they?

Are the prices of the cruises in USD? Would assume so, so all the pre-boarding charges you see would be also.

On 9/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, arxcards said:

Let's do a comparison between what I see in Oz, and what you are seeing in the US. More questions than answers otherwise.

I was having difficulty getting logged into my personalizer so I just went to the Princess Web Site.  When I looked at the shore excursions for both Australia and New Zealand there was just a $ in front of the amount so I knew the ship was suppose to use AU currency but it did not specifically state the tours were in AU.  I finally got into my personalizer and yes the same tours were there, the amounts changed and the prices quoted specifically were listed as AUD.  So same USA price just converted to Australian Dollars. 

• Like 1