Adding 3rd person to room – from another country

Mara4166

I have a bit of an odd situation that I am hoping someone may be able to assist with but it may be a bit too unique.  My DH and I are cruising from Fort Lauderdale in November.  We are both British citizens, live in the UK and booked through Princess UK.  We are trying to convince my Mum to join us.  Since the cruise is sold out, we would add her to our cabin (it is an aft penthouse suite so plenty of room).

The problem is my Mum is a US citizen and lives in Ohio.  The dilemma is how to add her to the booking (if she decides to join us).

The “easy” way would be for us to add her via Princess UK and use our address.  There are 2 problems that are not show stoppers, but we would rather avoid since it will add costs.  First, since we cannot purchase Princess Vacation Protection in the UK, she would need to purchase separate travel insurance which would cost more.  Secondly, She also has princess credits.  I am not 100% certain exactly what they are but they are from her using a princess credit card.  I think it is highly unlikely that she would be able to use these since they are based in the US.

Has anyone ever tried to make a booking in one country (UK) and then have someone else add themselves to the booking from another country (US).  It would be much better if she could contact her CVP and arrange to get added to our booking using her US address and using her cruise credits, but I am not certain this is possible.

I want to try to make this as easy as possible for her since she is not certain of going and any obstacles may make her decide not to join us.  She loves cruising and this would likely be her last cruise due to mobility issues.  If anyone has any thoughts on the best way forward I would appreciate any input.  We booked direct so I may try to give Princess UK a call on Tuesday. 

From my understanding, all passengers need to have the same representative (aka Princess UK direct).

My concern is that the cruise is sold out.  Does that mean they have reached their occupancy level?  If so, they will not be able to add your Mum (regardless if you have a berth for her in your suite).  You should check that out first.

By credits do you mean FCC that will be expiring soon?

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

From my understanding, all passengers need to have the same representative (aka Princess UK direct).

My concern is that the cruise is sold out.  Does that mean they have reached their occupancy level?  If so, they will not be able to add your Mum (regardless if you have a berth for her in your suite).  You should check that out first.

By credits do you mean FCC that will be expiring soon?

Thank you, I will call princess tomorrow and see what options are available.  I do not know if the credits are fcc or something else.  She mentioned she has enough “points” from her princess credit card to probably have a free cruise.  If she decides to join us, I may suggest she get on a waitlist for her own cabin in case of cancellations, but also put her into our suite (if capacity allows it).  As @antspmentioned it is unlikely we could use the points if it is done through the UK since they are earned in the US.

3 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

I have a bit of an odd situation that I am hoping someone may be able to assist with but it may be a bit too unique.  My DH and I are cruising from Fort Lauderdale in November.  We are both British citizens, live in the UK and booked through Princess UK.  We are trying to convince my Mum to join us.  Since the cruise is sold out, we would add her to our cabin (it is an aft penthouse suite so plenty of room).

The problem is my Mum is a US citizen and lives in Ohio.  The dilemma is how to add her to the booking (if she decides to join us).

The “easy” way would be for us to add her via Princess UK and use our address.  There are 2 problems that are not show stoppers, but we would rather avoid since it will add costs.  First, since we cannot purchase Princess Vacation Protection in the UK, she would need to purchase separate travel insurance which would cost more.  Secondly, She also has princess credits.  I am not 100% certain exactly what they are but they are from her using a princess credit card.  I think it is highly unlikely that she would be able to use these since they are based in the US.

Has anyone ever tried to make a booking in one country (UK) and then have someone else add themselves to the booking from another country (US).  It would be much better if she could contact her CVP and arrange to get added to our booking using her US address and using her cruise credits, but I am not certain this is possible.

I want to try to make this as easy as possible for her since she is not certain of going and any obstacles may make her decide not to join us.  She loves cruising and this would likely be her last cruise due to mobility issues.  If anyone has any thoughts on the best way forward I would appreciate any input.  We booked direct so I may try to give Princess UK a call on Tuesday. 

This is complicated and seems you would have to work through PCL UK, since it is their booking.  
You really need an experienced UK rep to handle this.  I’m not sure if they can add anyone if it’s sold out.  You also need her account information to see what she has as far as FCC. I would ask for a rep in the customer solutions dept or a Lead in the UK to make sure you’re getting correct information. 

Easiest workaround if the ship becomes available, book least expensive cabin using her points? (FCC?) and then once OB, letting GS know she’s in your cabin.

Possibly work with her CVP to make this happen.  

You can fill out everything ahead of time for her on the App to make it easy.

Unless, UK rep has a better idea?

• Like 1

I do not think she has an FCC.  If she has a Princess credit card, probably from Barclays, she has earned points for cruising and for spending.  They are redeemable for part, maybe all of the fare.  I had a Carnival credit card once, and paid for a cruise with it.  I’m sure someone here has one and can explain it better…EM