LIVE from Royal Princess sailing Sept 24 - (3 day Coastal) followed by Sept 27- (12 Day Mexico)

mrsskyhook

29 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Hi @ceilidh1sorry we didn't get to meet. I'm sure I saw your blonde 11 yr old in the elevator going to the disembarkation lounge. I asked one woman if she was Tracey! She answered no! Was that you? LOL

That's too funny - my teen was coming down to meet me and said that on the elevator someone was asking for Tracey! So, right teen...just wrong mom! The 11 year old is my boy, who is definitely not blonde!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrsskyhook said:

We are told it's 1200 on this cruise and 1500 on the Sept 27 cruise to Mexico. Ship feels very deserted service is therefore amazing

Wooohoo!! Thanks! 42%. After 7 days on the Ruby last week at 87% I am so ready for a low capacity sailing. So grateful for your post!

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

That's too funny - my teen was coming down to meet me and said that on the elevator someone was asking for Tracey! So, right teen...just wrong mom! The 11 year old is my boy, who is definitely not blonde!

Oh, so your 15 yr old Blondie is the one I saw, and with her BFF? I was excited that I was getting  closer to meeting you. Well, I hope to meet you sometime in the future. I'm looking for another trip on Royal. So many crew friends on this ship. Once again, thank you! @ceilidh1 Your generosity to post so often is valued and much appreciated, by me. Graciously, a fellow Vancouverite.

Edited by CruzeQueen2
Adding OP
  • Like 1

@mrsskyhook True Canadian! You are showing such kind and courteous hospitality. I applaud you for not getting sarcastic when people ask you for responses that you have already given. I love your style. I am so happy that you are sharing such a polite and generous Live-Thread. Thank you.

Enjoy those live crew chats with your friends on board. I found it so refreshing to see the staff that I met earlier in the season. They are the best of Princess cruising. Almost like before times...almost! But now, they are so overworked. Yet, I never heard a single complaint from them! Love them to bits.

I am having a terrible time getting photos to upload to here, but I will keep trying.  Yesterday was a very relaxing day at sea. We spent the afternoon at the Retreat pool and it was lovely.   The sun was warm, so there were people in the pool as well, even though the Captain had said the temp was 64 F or 16 C.  This morning it is starting out foggy, but I expect that will burn off soon enough.  

It was formal night last night, which would have come as a surprise to many.  Our Travel Summary clearly stated there were to be 0 formal nights.   

By the way, you cannot access your booking via the Cruise Personalizer after you sail, so you cannot see your Travel Summary either. I suggest downloading it and/or printing a copy to bring with you.

And while I am on the subject of documents, I also strongly suggest you have printed copies of any documentation required for your cruise, such as Covid tests, ArriveCan, Vaccination records, etc. Having paper copies got us through the various check points much faster than fumbling to bring up files on my phone. 

Last night's production show was very good.  It was called Sweet Soul Music. There was also the captains Champagne Waterfall in the Piazza, Deck 5.  With so few people on board, I only waited about 3 minutes in the line up to take my turn "pouring".  

• Like 5

I thought I would chime in rather then let my wife mrsskyhook do all the work. We were on this ship in May for 12 days to Alaska. It was our first cruise on princess for quite a while as we have been sailing mostly on celebrity. We were impressed with the ship as well as the staff so when we saw the opportunity to do the 3 day to San Francisco and then the 12 day to mexico we grabbed it. So far we continue to be impressed! Some of the staff from May are still here and remember us. The ship layout, the staff and the food are all awesome. We are now sitting at the Seaview bar on deck 16 and loving the view of the ocean. Not a lot of cruises we have been on gives you this kind of view sitting at a bar. The weather has been good for this time of year. I got a bit of a tan yesterday. We were at the retreat pool, it is a great area for adults only. It had great service and we met some great people. Unfortunately no sun today. We are booked in club class in the exact same cabin as in May. Club class gives us our own entrance to the Concerto dining room with our own section. The staff and service are excellent! They see us walking in and seat us right away. We are looking forward to getting more South and visiting Mexico, we fly there about 3 times a year and we love the people and the weather. We have a wine tour booked in San Diego. We have never been on a wine tour before and we are really looking forward to this. We will also spend a couple of days in San Francisco when we return as we have never been there. Seas have been calm but it's a bit cool out so we have now moved inside to crooners martini bar, a great place to gather with great service! I will probably chime in again at some point, Cheers!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

Love the photo sitting by the pool with MUTS screen in front!  Question, is the MUTS screen above the poolside Trident Grill and Prego Pizzeria? Or is it above the area heading into the Horizon Court buffet?

It is above the entrance to Horizon Court

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have a chance, could you please confirm if the port side outside eating area for Horizon Court is for smokers? Where you walk out of the buffet to the outside eating tables, near the Outrigger Bar. Walking out the doors next to the public restrooms. I am looking at cabins right below that area on Marina deck (cabins M706 and M704 specifically) and wondering if there would be an outdoor smoking area above them. And if you happened to walk past those cabin numbers and see if they have doors together or not...wink wink...if you're bored...thank you so much, only if you are able to. 🙂

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

If you have a chance, could you please confirm if the port side outside eating area for Horizon Court is for smokers? Where you walk out of the buffet to the outside eating tables, near the Outrigger Bar. Walking out the doors next to the public restrooms. I am looking at cabins right below that area on Marina deck (cabins M706 and M704 specifically) and wondering if there would be an outdoor smoking area above them. And if you happened to walk past those cabin numbers and see if they have doors together or not...wink wink...if you're bored...thank you so much, only if you are able to. 🙂

Smoking now one deck above on 17. 

• Thanks 1