How full are ships now?

Guest 4-2-N-8

13 minutes ago, retired dude said:

we are on the 11-11-22 connie sailing and when i checked last week, there were 260 empty cabins. Most if not all, were ocean view and inside.

We are on the sailing before you.  There are 10 cabins available to book (all insides) on our sailing.  it's a shorter sailing so I'm not really surprised.  The same 5-night sailing last year was one of their higher capacities last fall at 75%.  

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yes, we were there on the 'restart' cruise, too.  Dropped to just ~850 pax for our 10 nt that followed.

I remember hearing that!  We have done 4 cruises since the restart (two different lines) and I kept hoping to just once experience a super low passenger count but it was not meant to be.  Our lowest was about 65% going through the Panama Canal.  Our most recent two were at 100%.  Oh well!

Some staff just make up numbers when asked. Unless the number you are hearing is coming straight from the Captain as they sometimes announce, it’s likely just a wild guess. On every cruise I’ve been on since the restart I have heard wildly different pax counts from crew. Our most recent one was anywhere from 2,200 to 2,900. Quite a difference….

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MR_T said:

Currently on the reflection with around (70%)  2300 guests, I asked about the following cruise and was told around the same number (70%) 

The pool deck was definitely full on sea days (we only had 2) but you could get a bed on the upper decks if wanted throughout the day… 

Otherwise I’ve not found the ship overly crowded anywhere else. 

Good to know! We are on that next cruise. How's the weather? Hope you are having a great time!

2 hours ago, retired dude said:

we are on the 11-11-22 connie sailing and when i checked last week, there were 260 empty cabins. Most if not all, were ocean view and inside.

How do you find these numbers short of enumerating bookings for each class of room?

That's a lot of mock bookings.

You're dedicated! 😀

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

I remember hearing that!  We have done 4 cruises since the restart (two different lines) and I kept hoping to just once experience a super low passenger count but it was not meant to be.  Our lowest was about 65% going through the Panama Canal.  Our most recent two were at 100%.  Oh well!

The 850 was glorious since they seemed to be adequately staffed for the much bigger crowd on the preceeding 5 night.  Service was truly amazing with about 1:1 crew:pax ratio.  They were looking for ways to make our experience more memorable, and definitely succeeding!

• Like 1

Just now, osborne66 said:

Done 2 cruises since the restart 

Millennium - was at 32% capacity - Aug 2021 

Edge - was at 15% capacity - last Sep 2021 

That's untenable for any business, but so is allowing high passenger counts that diminish what is supposed to be a premium product.

51 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

How do you find these numbers short of enumerating bookings for each class of room?

That's a lot of mock bookings.

You're dedicated! 😀

That's how you have to do it unless you are a Celebrity Agent.    I do it using and airline site you only have to do one search and when you select a class and then a sub-class it shows all cabins available.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That's how you have to do it unless you are a Celebrity Agent.    I do it using and airline site you only have to do one search and when you select a class and then a sub-class it shows all cabins available.

BTW, I've been meaning to thank you for some time about sharing that info...I never thought to look!

So, Thank You!😃

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

We are on the sailing before you.  There are 10 cabins available to book (all insides) on our sailing.  it's a shorter sailing so I'm not really surprised.  The same 5-night sailing last year was one of their higher capacities last fall at 75%.  

hope you have a great sailing....we wait until the second cruise after she returns from overseas so that they can work out any kinks and get properly restocked with all the good stuff..We sailed on her in dec 21' with a whopping 800 passengers. Best and most relaxing cruise that we have ever been blessed to go on....have a great one.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

We were on the Silhouette last week and it was reported as fully booked - 2,800 passengers on board.

We cruised aboard the Silhouette at the end of August to September 10. I asked about capacity and was told ~2,400 passengers were aboard, served by ~1,000 crew members.

Can't speak to the capacity percentage or what/how many cabins remained available during our cruise, but the ship felt chock full o' peeps but never terribly crowded to me, FWIW.

cjr

1 hour ago, wineoclock said:

Luckily I’m an early riser!

Hopefully, you didn't have to contend with chair hogs.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

6 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

We cruised aboard the Silhouette at the end of August to September 10. I asked about capacity and was told ~2,400 passengers were aboard, served by ~1,000 crew members.

Can't speak to the capacity percentage or what/how many cabins remained available during our cruise, but the ship felt chock full o' peeps but never terribly crowded to me, FWIW.

cjr

Just for number percentages -

Silhouette from the Fleet Guide - After Revolution

Full Capacity 2 PAX  (less singles)         2,914

Full Max Capacity (3 and 4 to a room)   3,182

We are also on Equinox.  We were told 1800 this week and 2700 get on tomorrow.  They sound worried that they are getting 900 extra passengers tomorrow and frankly I don’t blame them.  They all look exhausted and overwhelmed already.  Service was great but the staffing shortages will only be greater and more apparent with another 900 people onboard.  

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just for number percentages -

Silhouette from the Fleet Guide - After Revolution

Full Capacity 2 PAX  (less singles)         2,914

Full Max Capacity (3 and 4 to a room)   3,182

I posted what I was told, @Jim_Iain. Not sure why you felt it necessary to correct me here?

cjr