Rotterdam Quarantine cabins????

Traveling Dot

Last month they were quarantining everywhere.  You could tell the Q- cabins by the trays outside the doors three or four times a day.  The letter delivered to the cabin mail slot, not in an envelope, and print side facing outwards was also a give away. 🤫  We had numerous Q-cabins either side of us on deck 6.

• Like 1

Interesting. When we were on the NS earlier this month we saw a ton of trays outside of rooms on our floor (5th) and we wondered what that was about and why they couldn't leave the trays in their rooms for when the stewards cleaned. Now it makes sense if those were quarantine rooms littered throughout the floor. 

2 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

I'm wondering if HAL is actually moving people into an area anymore.  I read on a thread that someone quarantined in their room and perhaps that was because the ship was full.  

I don't believe they do.

37 minutes ago, Cinder Again said:

I think people stay in their own cabins these days. When I was on a ship earlier, they had an aft section closed off on 4 and 6, but most were filled by staff boarding the ship, so they could be sure they weren’t sick before joining staff quarters.

I am also wondering if the quarantine incoming staff on the ship anymore.  Certainly the Rotterdam is sailing fully occupied recently and would the 'bean counters' permit sellable rooms to be blocked off from the income stream?

I disembarked from Rotterdam this morning, having spent the last 4 days of the cruise in isolation. Deck 4 aft was closed off, no access from the aft stairs/elevator lobby. That’s where I expected to be moved to but I was told to stay in my original cabin.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

I disembarked from Rotterdam this morning, having spent the last 4 days of the cruise in isolation. Deck 4 aft was closed off, no access from the aft stairs/elevator lobby. That’s where I expected to be moved to but I was told to stay in my original cabin.

Best wishes to you.   What is next for you?  Did you have the option to stay on for the next cruise to complete quarantine?  I am aware this is sometimes an option on Celebrity?

17 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

I hope you will feel better soon.

I was sorry to hear about Queen Elizabeth's passing. She was a role model

for many people. I think that the funeral and other ceremonies were well organized.

RIP

32 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

Thank you for confirmation on that.  I thought I’d heard that multiple times that people were left in their rooms but I was starting to doubt my memory.  I hope you are feeling better.

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Best wishes to you.   What is next for you?  Did you have the option to stay on for the next cruise to complete quarantine?  I am aware this is sometimes an option on Celebrity?

Thank you. 

I'm home now.  Although I was told to isolate for 6 days, when I asked what happens because my cruise ends on day 5, I was just told I would disembark then.  I wasn't given any further information so I checked online.  The Netherlands has no self-quarantine requirements and there was no restriction on me being able to fly.  My flights and transfers were booked through HAL (despite them attempting to deny that this week!) so I came as originally planned.  The only difference was that myself and some other isolated passengers were transferred to AMS separately from everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetsyS. said:

I hope you will feel better soon.

I was sorry to hear about Queen Elizabeth's passing. She was a role model

for many people. I think that the funeral and other ceremonies were well organized.

RIP

Thank you.  The first couple of days were rough, I haven't felt so unwell since having full-blown flu many years ago.  But then it improved as quickly as it had come on.  Had I not been isolated, I think I would have felt well enough to do the Flam Railway trip on Friday which I unfortunately lost out on because I booked it direct.  I watched from my balcony as it left the station!

It's very strange to think we don't have the Queen any more.  As I'm military, she was 'the Boss'.  She will be missed.

3 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

Thank you.  The first couple of days were rough, I haven't felt so unwell since having full-blown flu many years ago.  But then it improved as quickly as it had come on.  Had I not been isolated, I think I would have felt well enough to do the Flam Railway trip on Friday which I unfortunately lost out on because I booked it direct.  I watched from my balcony as it left the station!

It's very strange to think we don't have the Queen any more.  As I'm military, she was 'the Boss'.  She will be missed.

I'm glad you're feeling better now.

I think it's wonderful that the Queen got to see how many people 

turned out for her Jubilee celebration. It's great that she went on the 

balcony on the last day to see all the crowds.

I'm very impressed that the Queen joined the military and was 

a car mechanic!  

Back in the 70s and 80s I took British Airwsys tours to London.

I took a day trip to Shakespeare's birthplace. I had dinner at the Dirty Duck

(Black Swan) and I enjoyed it very much. I hope it's still there.

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Thank you for confirmation on that.  I thought I’d heard that multiple times that people were left in their rooms but I was starting to doubt my memory.  I hope you are feeling better.

I have no idea how the decision is made, or who makes it.  To be brutally honest, my experience leads me to believe there's no standard operating procedure for dealing with covid positive passengers across either HAL or the ship, or if there is then it isn't followed or enforced.  Either situation is unacceptable.

Similar to the mask policy.  On Rotterdam it was mostly 'mask recommended' but even where it was 'mask required', very few passengers complied and I never saw it enforced.  Notably was at the Captain's Q&A session where we were told that anyone who wanted to ask a question must be wearing a mask.  (Presumably to safeguard the crew member having to hold the microphone towards them.)  I thought, well there won't be many questions then - because I was one of I'd guess less than 5% in the busy theatre wearing a mask.  But it wasn't enforced.  A few people did rummage into a pocket or bag and put on a mask (or held it up to their face) to ask a question, but others just held a piece of paper in front of their mouth and it was still allowed.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

I'm very impressed that the Queen joined the military and was 

a car mechanic!  

Always the sign of a good boss - don't ask anyone to do something you're not prepared to do yourself!

• Like 2