The Migration Continues

arxcards

On 9/25/2022 at 7:36 PM, arxcards said:

Carnival Luminosa will leave Palermo following her rebranding in the coming days. I don't yet have a specific time. She will depart for Brisbane without passengers, with a likely pause in Singapore, then on to arrive in Brisbane on the evening of 29th October. When they get their ship together, she will start cruising on 6th November.

Going by Carnival's social media, Luminosa will be transiting via Dubai. While a little out of the way, it is likely to be a convenient port for flying in and getting visas for crew.

She is currently taking fuel. Her AIS has recently updated, and she will be departing soon for Port Said/Suez Canal.

Some short updates.

Carnival Splendor arrived in Sydney this morning, shortly to become the 4th active large ship.

Carnival Luminosa has her pilot, and is lining-up to enter the Suez Canal.

Celebrity Eclipse is in Kona, her 2nd Hawaiian port.

Majestic Princess has made it to Honolulu.

Ovation of the Seas has just departed Victoria, BC for Vancouver. She will start her Transpacific tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Some short updates.

Carnival Splendor arrived in Sydney this morning, shortly to become the 4th active large ship.

Carnival Luminosa has her pilot, and is lining-up to enter the Suez Canal.

Celebrity Eclipse is in Kona, her 2nd Hawaiian port.

Majestic Princess has made it to Honolulu.

Ovation of the Seas has just departed Victoria, BC for Vancouver. She will start her Transpacific tomorrow.

Any news on whether Carnival Splendor arrived safely i.e. not too many Covid cases? That is my concern with these ships now arriving full of passengers. It is Majestic and Ovation that concerns me. Certainly not wanting to be alarmist in any way, just concerned about the longer cruises (which I have shortly!)

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Any news on whether Carnival Splendor arrived safely i.e. not too many Covid cases? That is my concern with these ships now arriving full of passengers. It is Majestic and Ovation that concerns me. Certainly not wanting to be alarmist in any way, just concerned about the longer cruises (which I have shortly!)

No news is good news I guess.  Last update of the NSW govt cruising site was on Monday, but they stepped away from daily updates a few weeks ago.

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

A little birdy aboard tells me that Majestic has had a generator issue, and was several hours late into Honolulu. All I know, and sure to be a detailed update on the live thread at some stage.

Correction - as her arrival was meant to be at noon anyway, Majestic was just a couple of hours late.

Carnival Luminosa in the Suez Canal.

1916622304_download(37).thumb.png.bd41dcc5102eb78810f69325ee688b24.png

18 hours ago, resordanis said:

We were on the Carnival for the transpacific. COVID testing (self administered RATs) was carried out on the 8th, 11th, and 16th of September, ie Day 3, 6, and 11 of the 23 night cruise. Masks were required until after our third test (that sounds like the cricket 🤣) and staff continued to wear them for the entire cruise. No numbers of infections were announced. 
Most of the Aussies I spoke to onboard were really surprised that we weren’t required to take another test before arriving in Sydney. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

While on the Splendor these last few weeks I spoke to another passenger who was flying back to the USA after the cruise to board another ship to for another transpacific cruise! 😱

Yes, they are mad!!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Any one see the article on Current Affair last evening, some Aussie families had their cruises on  Carnvial Splendour Cancelled due to their young kids not being vaxxed for Covid?

They have been communicating the protocols since day dot, and for whatever reason, those passengers haven't followed the instructions given. The same has happened on Princess and P&O - and will do for all of the other lines for the foreseeable future.

5% of passengers can be unvaccinated. This can be anyone over 12 with a valid medical exemption, or any child under 12. In either case, you need to register this with the cruise line so that you are counted in the 5%. 

If that 5% is already full, they will reschedule or refund your cruise. If you arrive at the pier oblivious to any of this, you are denied boarding.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

We were on the Carnival for the transpacific. COVID testing (self administered RATs) was carried out on the 8th, 11th, and 16th of September, ie Day 3, 6, and 11 of the 23 night cruise. Masks were required until after our third test (that sounds like the cricket 🤣) and staff continued to wear them for the entire cruise. No numbers of infections were announced. 
Most of the Aussies I spoke to onboard were really surprised that we weren’t required to take another test before arriving in Sydney. 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for the information and enjoying you posts too.😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

They have been communicating the protocols since day dot, and for whatever reason, those passengers haven't followed the instructions given. The same has happened on Princess and P&O - and will do for all of the other lines for the foreseeable future.

5% of passengers can be unvaccinated. This can be anyone over 12 with a valid medical exemption, or any child under 12. In either case, you need to register this with the cruise line so that you are counted in the 5%. 

If that 5% is already full, they will reschedule or refund your cruise. If you arrive at the pier oblivious to any of this, you are denied boarding.

Of course Channel 9 twisted the truth to sensationalise the subject. So the families involved did not register the unvaxxed kids with Carnival Cruise Lines.

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Personally I think all pax from overseas arriving on the ships from the Land of the Free should be tested before being being allowed off into the population.  I would be interested to hear if there were any covid cases on Carnival Splendour upon arrival in Sydney.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Of course Channel 9 twisted the truth to sensationalise the subject. So the families involved did not register the unvaxxed kids with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Possibly. More likely they have gone to register their kids to find the 5% list was already full.

I know a family who went to register their kids for a Christmas holiday cruise they had booked before the shutdown, which was cancelled/rebooked a couple of times. Even though they did that back in May, the 5% list was already filled. They chose a refund vs getting their kids vaxxed - their choice.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Personally I think all pax from overseas arriving on the ships form the Land of the Free should be tested before being being allowed off into the population.  I would be interested to hear if there were any covid cases on Carnival Splendour upon arrival in Sydney.

If the level of cases reported by the ship exceeded NSW's threshold (code orange), that would have happened.  It didn't, so they haven't.

• Like 1