In plain English please

antsp

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

what does this mean, if my 1st booster (3rd jab) is over 9 months ago, is it a problem  

16 minutes ago, antsp said:

what does this mean, if my 1st booster (3rd jab) is over 9 months ago, is it a problem  

"Last dose in a series" of an approved vaccine means the second of two shots if one received Pfizer or Moderna, and it means the date of your first (and only) J&J vaccine. So for this sentence, you ignore boosters completely.  When did you get your J&J shot, or the second of your P or M shots?  If it was more than 270 before the date of embarkation, then a booster is required, and a single booster is sufficient.  And it doesn't matter when that booster was administered. 

So if you were an early recipient, (let's say February of 2021 for your first of two doses, and March/April for your second of two doses), then your are way past 270 days if you are looking ahead to a upcoming cruise.  So that means you need a booster.  And if you have had one or more boosters, then you are good, irrespective of when that was.  Let's say that you got one and only one booster and it was in November of 2021.  Almost a year ago.  You are still good to go.  The confusing language can be distilled down to: "If your first two jabs of a two dose series was a loooong time ago, then you need a booster.  And if you have had a booster, you are good to go irrespective of when you received it.    

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, antsp said:

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

I’m not sure but I just boarded the Sapphire from LA for a 10 day Mexico cruise. I’m fully vaccinated as of April/May 2021 with my one booster in November of 2021 and had no problems boarding with that.

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

"Last dose in a series" of an approved vaccine means the second of two shots if one received Pfizer or Moderna, and it means the date of your first (and only) J&J vaccine. So for this sentence, you ignore boosters completely.  When did you get your J&J shot, or the second of your P or M shots?  If it was more than 270 before the date of embarkation, then a booster is required, and a single booster is sufficient.  And it doesn't matter when that booster was administered. 

So if you were an early recipient, (let's say February of 2021 for your first of two doses, and March/April for your second of two doses), then your are way past 270 days if you are looking ahead to a upcoming cruise.  So that means you need a booster.  And if you have had one or more boosters, then you are good, irrespective of when that was.  Let's say that you got one and only one booster and it was in November of 2021.  Almost a year ago.  You are still good to go.  The confusing language can be distilled down to: "If your first two jabs of a two dose series was a loooong time ago, then you need a booster.  And if you have had a booster, you are good to go irrespective of when you received it.    

Excellent & thorough explanation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - disagree. It ckearly states that after 270 days you need a booster.

Like any good disclaimer, it should have come with definitions or had the definitions baked in.  This would have been better:

At least 14 days past completion of a "primary vaccine series"[1] and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the "last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine"[2]. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the completion of the primary vaccine series was earlier than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

[1]  "completion of a primary vaccine series" means the date on which the passenger's  initial round of vaccination was completed, administered either as a two-dose series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or as a singe dose of a one-dose application (e.g., Johnson and Johnson).  In the case of a two-dose series, the "completion" date is the date on which the second dose was administered.

[2] "last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine" means the same thing as "completion of a primary vaccine series" as set forth in #1 above.  Don't ask us why we used two different iterations to describe the same thing.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, antsp said:

And if you booster is over 270 days

See my post #4.  There is no time restriction on the booster. 

As an aside,  I'm having my second booster on Friday.  My wife has had three so far, as she is at risk.

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

Like any good disclaimer, it should have come with definitions or had the definitions baked in.  This would have been better:

At least 14 days past completion of a "primary vaccine series"[1] and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the "last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine"[2]. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the completion of the primary vaccine series was earlier than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

[1]  "completion of a primary vaccine series" means the date on which the passenger's  initial round of vaccination was completed, administered either as a two-dose series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or as a singe dose of a one-dose application (e.g., Johnson and Johnson).  In the case of a two-dose series, the "completion" date is the date on which the second dose was administered.

[2] "last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine" means the same thing as "completion of a primary vaccine series" as set forth in #1 above.  Don't ask us why we used two different iterations to describe the same thing.

Thanks Jimmy. You have more patience than I do! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antsp said:

@JimmyVWine is 100% correct.

• Like 1