muster drill on princess cruises

richardAnn

Easiest way is just to watch it on the television in the cabin. Just turn on the TV, or it might already be on. Pick the muster video and let it run. If you have never been on a cruise, you might want to watch it. It will run and you can unpack. You will want to determine where your Muster Station is, as you will have to go there and check in. No life jacket needed. You will need the medallion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg4502 said:

If you have never been on a cruise, you might want to watch it. It will run and you can unpack.

Sorry, but this "advice" is just totally wrong!  It defeats the purpose of the Muster Drill.  Particularly for those who have not cruised.  If there is a failing in this current system, you have just clearly pointed it out!  

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2022 at 4:48 AM, richardAnn said:

just curious when watching the muster video say on your phone do both parties need to watch seperatly or can say me and my wife watch on my phone while we eat lunch shortly after we board or does she need to watch it on hers and me and mine

As RKA implied, do not "watch" the muster video on your or someone else's phone. Watch in on your cabin's TV and watch it as if your life depended on it.

DO NOT let it play while you are unpacking out of sight or hearing of the video. Your life may in fact depend on it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 6:48 AM, richardAnn said:

just curious when watching the muster video say on your phone do both parties need to watch seperatly or can say me and my wife watch on my phone while we eat lunch shortly after we board or does she need to watch it on hers and me and mine

If your familiar with the muster drill on Princess then all you actually need to do is play the video on the TV while you remain in the cabin. If you leave and take the medallion with you, the system will know & you'll have to begin the process again. One person can leave the cabin as long as you leave your medallion in the room.

We prefer to start the video on each of our phones while we're on the way to the buffet & check in when finished eating. I believe watching it on one phone will work since both medallions are close by. I'll have to try it next cruise. 

• 3 weeks later...