EastBound Transatlantic - Celebrity Silhouette

Gishua_

Hi All, 

I am booked on the Celebrity Silhouette leaving on April 20th, 2023. Miami -> London

I have been on a westbound transatlantic in October and the weather was perfect. I am wondering how the weather will be on this cruise? I am expecting the days to and at Bermuda to relatively warm but then after for it to get colder.  Would I be correct? Does the weather really differ that much from year to year? Could it be really warm or really cold?

Any experience and advice will be appreciated. 

Thank you 

I was on this cruise this year.  It was windy but sunny.  In the sun, it was warm.. it did get a bit cooler as we approached Europe.  I would say overall it was 70-60 range.  Bermuda was not that warm but a storm had gone through.  It was a great trip. Enjoy it

16 hours ago, Gishua_ said:

Hi All, 

I am booked on the Celebrity Silhouette leaving on April 20th, 2023. Miami -> London

I have been on a westbound transatlantic in October and the weather was perfect. I am wondering how the weather will be on this cruise? I am expecting the days to and at Bermuda to relatively warm but then after for it to get colder.  Would I be correct? Does the weather really differ that much from year to year? Could it be really warm or really cold?

Any experience and advice will be appreciated. 

Thank you 

As always the answer is layers the outer one of which should be waterproof. 

We did Silhouette TA it in April of this year.   You could look up my Live and get a better feel.

The weather was very nice and the pool was in use and sunbathing popular for most of the cruise.  If we had any rain it was just a shower or two.    We had to divert Madeira for a medical evacuation putting us into the Azores about 6 hours late.    

After the Azores it started cooling a little but weather perfect.    Even when we got to Southampton (b2b) we took a B2B tour to Windsor and it was a perfect spring day.   Tulips still in bloom and nice shirt sleeve weather.   No jacket required.   

We have done about a dozen TA's most being Westbound.    Weather similar to other Southern and Mid-Atlantic crossing and much much nicer than most of our Northern crossings.

Of course weather is variable but that was our most recent crossing and will do another this year on Apex into Amsterdam. 

On 9/28/2022 at 5:47 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I can’t answer your question because I haven’t yet done a TA. It’s on my bucket list for sure. I’m responding to say that Silhouette is my absolute favorite Celebrity ship. I have cruise envy and wish you the absolute best cruise ever! 

Haha. Thank you! We are very excited. We have been on Reflection X2 and Equinox X2 as well as Edge. Excited for the Silhouette.

On 9/29/2022 at 4:28 AM, cruisegirlppp said:

We once did a TA from Florida to Rome in April...weather warm enough on the crossing and ports in Spain but they were still wearing puffy coats in Rome!  The 23 hour days on eastbound trips are why we prefer westbound TAs.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I think I prefer the 25 hour days on the westbound. This trip we are actually using this as transport to Europe + a vacation. While no preferable, we are still excited.

On 9/29/2022 at 9:54 AM, Jim_Iain said:

We did Silhouette TA it in April of this year.   You could look up my Live and get a better feel.

The weather was very nice and the pool was in use and sunbathing popular for most of the cruise.  If we had any rain it was just a shower or two.    We had to divert Madeira for a medical evacuation putting us into the Azores about 6 hours late.    

After the Azores it started cooling a little but weather perfect.    Even when we got to Southampton (b2b) we took a B2B tour to Windsor and it was a perfect spring day.   Tulips still in bloom and nice shirt sleeve weather.   No jacket required.   

We have done about a dozen TA's most being Westbound.    Weather similar to other Southern and Mid-Atlantic crossing and much much nicer than most of our Northern crossings.

Of course weather is variable but that was our most recent crossing and will do another this year on Apex into Amsterdam. 

Thank you very much for all your information. I will take a look at your live. Safe Travels on the Apex! We almost booked the Apex vs. the Silhouette but the price was much cheaper for the latter.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:46 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

The ocean moderates the weather.  Never cold.  Obviously weather and temps in the UK can be anything.  April and October about the same in our experience on 5 TAs.

Thanks for the info. I live in Tucson a bit, but SunDevil here. 🤘

1 hour ago, Gishua_ said:

Thank you for your response. Yes, I think I prefer the 25 hour days on the westbound. This trip we are actually using this as transport to Europe + a vacation. While no preferable, we are still excited.

Yes, eastbound cruise certainly beats a crowded flight. Enjoy!