Is a ship sailing full. If all categories are listed as waitlist?

roberts2005

Looking at the Marina for all its cruises in October and November of this year.  For all the segments, except the final trans Atlantic all categories are waitlisted.

Does Oceania still hold cabins in reserve for Covid or other reasons.   Just surprised that the ships are full after hearing people post that their current cruise was less than full.

Edited by roberts2005
Typo

My Marina cruise Dec. 4, 14 day Carribean, is waitlisted in all categories. I think it will be 100% full as this itinerary is very popular.  I doubt O is holding back cabins for anything if they have an opportunity to sell them.

Why would O use deck 7 for quarantining when they quarantine people in their own cabins?  My cabin is on deck 7 so that deck has been sold. They don't move people out of their assigned cabin to quarantine like other cruise lines do. 

Edited by susiesan

16 minutes ago, susiesan said:

My Marina cruise Dec. 4, 14 day Carribean, is waitlisted in all categories. I think it will be 100% full as this itinerary is very popular.  I doubt O is holding back cabins for anything if they have an opportunity to sell them.

Why would O use deck 7 for quarantining when they quarantine people in their own cabins?  My cabin is on deck 7 so that deck has been sold. They don't move people out of their assigned cabin to quarantine like other cruise lines do. 

https://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID-19-IsolationVsQuarantine.pdf

I am wondering the same thing, but I am assuming that if all (or both, if double occupancy) of the passengers from the same cabin are symptomatic and positive for COVID-19, they could be isolated in their cabin.  However if one is sick and other is not, one of them needs to be separated from the other for quarantine to work.  So for that purpose, especially in midst of delta and omicron surges, cruise ships had to have extra cabins for quarantine (not isolation).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Looks like you didn’t read my whole post. The may still be quarantining new crew and if so they used check 7 when i was aboard. 

New crew can’t go straight into crew accommodation can they, or else it wouldn’t be a quarantine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ToxM said:

Looks like you didn’t read my whole post. The may still be quarantining new crew and if so they used check 7 when i was aboard. 

New crew can’t go straight into crew accommodation can they, or else it wouldn’t be a quarantine. 

Got off a B2B a week or so ago. On the turnaround day saw a new staff member boarding the ship. The next day she was working at the Guest Relations desk. I'd say the quarantine for new staff is a thing of the past.

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

Susiesan, we're on that cruise as well.  Maybe we'll get to meet.

5 hours ago, susiesan said:

Not both people in the cabin may be positive so, they would have to move one person to another cabin.

I have friends on Regal Princess right now and they texted that one of the group has tested positive and are being moved to a quarantine cabin. So, I think all ships have to keep some cabins for that.

There were empty veranda cabins for quarantine purposes on our recent Regatta cruise (not used as far as I could tell). I seem to remember that O will move an ill person to a veranda cabin if they are booked in a C-category of below, but i can't confirm.

2 hours ago, YoPhilly said:

Susiesan, we're on that cruise as well.  Maybe we'll get to meet.

YoPhilly: are you on the roll call? You can find out some info there about how to get in touch with me.

There is very little activity though, just very few of us planning to do anything together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not true

I beg to differ with you.  We were quarantined in our own cabin on the Nautica in April.  There was never a hint that we would be moved to another cabin.

I don’t know where you get your information, but you should check it carefully.  Maybe if one member of a couple is positive one of them may be moved but if both are positive they stay put in their original cabin.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I beg to differ with you.  We were quarantined in our own cabin on the Nautica in April.  There was never a hint that we would be moved to another cabin.

I don’t know where you get your information, but you should check it carefully.  Maybe if one member of a couple is positive one of them may be moved but if both are positive they stay put in their original cabin.

Terri

https://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID-19-IsolationVsQuarantine.pdf

I think you were isolated in your cabin, instead of being quarantined.  There is a difference.

7 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Regardless, we were not moved to a different cabin.

So, you both got sick, so you were both isolated in your own cabin.  The whole discussion was about the need for the ship to have some extra cabins for quarantine.  As you mentioned, if one or more of the occupant gets sick, and if one or more remaining occupant in the same cabin remains to be not sick (not test positive for COVID-19, in this case), the occuptant(s) who remain not sick will need to be moved to another cabin for quarantine, while the sick ones remain in their own cabin for isolation.

17 minutes ago, Psoque said:

So, you both got sick, so you were both isolated in your own cabin.  The whole discussion was about the need for the ship to have some extra cabins for quarantine.  As you mentioned, if one or more of the occupant gets sick, and if one or more remaining occupant in the same cabin remains to be not sick (not test positive for COVID-19, in this case), the occuptant(s) who remain not sick will need to be moved to another cabin for quarantine, while the sick ones remain in their own cabin for isolation.

What is your problem?  I gave my experience. If you had a different experience then state it.  Don’t pick apart my answer,  I just told you what happened to us. I don’t want to start an argument.  All I am saying is that we were not made to move to another cabin.  

Isolation and quarantine are used interchangeably on the ship, even by the medical staff.  Stop being so pedantic.

Good night.

• Like 3

Great conversations! I anxiously await our 10/18 Embarkment for a fully waitlisted cruise to see how many will be aboard. Are in fact 10, 20% or more of the cabins blocked to provide quarantine spaces? Only a couple more weeks to discover the answer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Not both people in the cabin may be positive so, they would have to move one person to another cabin.

I have friends on Regal Princess right now and they texted that one of the group has tested positive and are being moved to a quarantine cabin. So, I think all ships have to keep some cabins for that.

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Others have posted about option for isolation of cabin mates who test negative.

Not sure about current Oceania protocols. On our cruise last month which was full/waitlisted, we didn't notice any crew disappearing or notice anything resembling a quarantine cabin (taped off or, table outside for leaving food, etc.). We have friends who were onboard Marina this summer in the Baltic when the wife tested positive.  The husband was given the choice to stay in same suite or, move to another one.  He stayed with his wife and never tested positive.  They were very pleased with the service from the medical staff as well as the crew (who delivered their meals in hazmat like suits). Luckily it was 20 day cruise, so the wife recovered and was able to enjoy remaining days not being quarantined. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I don’t know where you get your information, but you should check it carefully.

I finished the last two segments of the ATW in July. Isolation and quarantine are different things - sometime resulting in different cabins being used.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Great conversations! I anxiously await our 10/18 Embarkment for a fully waitlisted cruise to see how many will be aboard. Are in fact 10, 20% or more of the cabins blocked to provide quarantine spaces? Only a couple more weeks to discover the answer.

Please let us know the situation as all cruises in Oct., Nov., and Dec. Are waitlisted.