Black Friday sale?

Is this just for Cruise Planner purchases, or do they ever do a Black Friday cruise-fare sale?

We had to cancel our Harmony cruise that should have begun today - thanks Hurricane Ian! We won't have time to schedule this now until after the kids get out of school in May, but my now-12-yr-old will be 13 by then so bye-bye Kids Sail Free for her. 😞 Now that it will end up being 1 kid and 3 adults, I'd really like to find a better sale than the $550 + 30% off that they're offering right now, but maybe that isn't a thing.

Good luck to the OP.

On what specific date does the Black Friday sale start? I know it can vary by retailer, so I want to make sure I know when to check for what Royal has to offer? Thanks

Edited by blueslily

19 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Good luck to the OP.

On what specific date does the Black Friday sale start? I know it can vary by retailer, so I want to make sure I know when to check for what Royal has to offer? Thanks

In the last several years the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale began Monday or Tuesday  of Thanksgiving week 

• Like 1

Prices are crazy.  Not only for the cruise, but for all of the exra's.  The lines are clearly trying to make up for all of the lost revenue.  So sad since many of us have lost income during the pandemic.  We love to cruise and enjoy entry level suites, but will have to adjust.  I don't know if any meaningful sales will happen as many prices have more then doubled.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Prices are crazy.  Not only for the cruise, but for all of the exra's.  The lines are clearly trying to make up for all of the lost revenue.  So sad since many of us have lost income during the pandemic.  We love to cruise and enjoy entry level suites, but will have to adjust.  I don't know if any meaningful sales will happen as many prices have more then doubled.

Yes, I had similar thoughts that Black Friday this year might not be all that exciting since demand is pretty high and some people are actually paying the higher prices. The prices earlier this year for sailings earlier this year and the add on items were nice. But, since folks are back and excited to cruise, not so much. My early December cruise has some ugly prices for the add on items. 🙁 its before the holidays so it's not due to the holidays either. I often sail that same week and get better prices. Oh well. I'm still hopeful and will check for any BF deals. 

32 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

If you've already booked and the price drops during Thanksgiving can you call and get the price lowered?  What if you are part of a group?  Will they lower the price for everyone in the group?

Price drops are only prior to final payment but yes for anyone. 

If a planner item drops its easy to go cancel it online. Then you just rebook it. I'm hoping for some excursion sales. Or anything else. I always look. .. just in case.

You have to cancel the planner item yourself and rebook it and wait for a refund. Obc refunds immediately.