Is the free trolley running?

EllieinNJ

We will be in San Juan on the Enchanted Princess 11/9/22 from 8 to 6.  One website I saw said there was a free hop on hop off trolley but another website said they were not running now.  Can someone tell me if they are or are not running?

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

We will be in San Juan on the Enchanted Princess 11/9/22 from 8 to 6.  One website I saw said there was a free hop on hop off trolley but another website said they were not running now.  Can someone tell me if they are or are not running?

It hasn't run for years...perhaps as far back as when Hurricane Maria hit 5 years ago.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe @Aviator of the Seas can confirm for us next time he posts.

He lives locally and always has great up to date info. 

Agree with PP, I always liked to ride up to the fort and walk back down, shopping and cocktailing along the way.

This past May, a cab charged me $25 to ride up to El Convento 😡, which is about half way.

It cut into my mojito budget for sure!

Dug into things a little more. Looks like the big trolleys are still gone but the little Garitas are operating. (Golf carts)

found them on a YouTube from a couple weeks ago then googled my way this this website. If you click on the trolley tab, it shows a real time map of the Garita routes and where they currently are travelling (even who the driver is) 

https://myoldsanjuan.info

On 11/15/2022 at 9:12 AM, EatonDoolittle said:

Agree with PP, I always liked to ride up to the fort and walk back down, shopping and cocktailing along the way.

This past May, a cab charged me $25 to ride up to El Convento 😡, which is about half way.

Hey, thanks. I don't know but I will find out.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:12 AM, EatonDoolittle said:

The Trolley is not up yet. They just have three 5-pax golf carts running around. Sorry.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, Aviator of the Seas said:

The Trolley is not up yet. They just have three 5-pax golf carts running around. Sorry.

We are very interested in seeing any progress with the trolley system. Any excursions offered for our January voyage are already sold out.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 1:35 PM, Grego said:

We are very interested in seeing any progress with the trolley system. Any excursions offered for our January voyage are already sold out.

Also interested to know ... we have a March 2023 cruise and will be in pre & post cruise so that would be good to know about

53 minutes ago, rupertfrog said:

Also interested to know ... we have a March 2023 cruise and will be in pre & post cruise so that would be good to know about

Given that it hasn't run for several years I wouldn't spend any time building plans around using the trolleys.

• Like 3