BYOB

indigosails

We haven’t sailed Princess in ten years. Going on a Los Angeles departure cruise. As we live on the west coast and won’t be flying, I’m considering taking some wine. What are the rules/restrictions on that? Thanks, y’all are the best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indigosails said:

We haven’t sailed Princess in ten years. Going on a Los Angeles departure cruise. As we live on the west coast and won’t be flying, I’m considering taking some wine. What are the rules/restrictions on that? Thanks, y’all are the best.

Fortunately,  they have a handy dandy website that spells it all out clearly!

Saves us all having to type it out every time the question is asked.. 

Here you go: https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/onboard/onboard-experience/ 

Under Alcohol Policy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed."

Has anyone ever been charged for bringing additional bottles onboard during check-in? The security at the x-ray machines aren't Princess employees, so I am curious how they go about enforcing the $15 fee for each additional bottle?

2 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

"Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed."

Has anyone ever been charged for bringing additional bottles onboard during check-in? The security at the x-ray machines aren't Princess employees, so I am curious how they go about enforcing the $15 fee for each additional bottle?

Yup, in Southampton, Port Everglades and LA.  There's a desk staffed by a crew member for wine corkage, booze confiscation, etc. Of course,  you can always walk past and not pay. Any hoytle you bring to the dining room that's not marked as corkage paid will incur the corkage fee then... 

12 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Any issues bringing the smaller bottles? Out of Long Beach for Carnival, I have been able to bring 4 of the mini bottles (187ml), which equal to 1 regular size bottle (750 ml).

It sez you can bring two bottles up to 750ml.  That being said to satisfy 'the rules quoters', they are pretty lax after the embarkation port.  The x-ray machines and mag operators are all Princess security and they only seem to be looking for weapons.  I've seen many passengers taking 750 ml bottles of liquor, beer, wine, in various quantities in their carry-ons (backpacks) or other packaging. As I recall the only ones stopped were those bringing alcohol openly in fancy bags, and those who declared them.  On our last cruise I didn't even see the alcohol table when we returned to the ship on port calls (but alcohol is pretty expensive in Alaska.)

5 hours ago, indigosails said:

Just back from a Seattle to Vancouver cruise and we were allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine on without corkage if we drank in the cabin.  On embarkation we only brought one bottle on (OK hubby decided to crack out the other bottle in the hotel room the night before and I didn't want to bring on an opened bottle).  We then at the 1st port bought a bottle of wine and they let us on with it no problem.  Didn't seem that was what they were looking for when you put your bags through the scanner.  Though I'm sure this may be hit or miss depending on what port, etc. 

I’ve sailed pretty much every month since the restart with the exception of June-august 2022 when kids were out of school. 

In SF the alcohol table is set up by 11 am and the security folks will point at you and say Go to the alcohol table. 

on the Ruby I’ve openly brought on gin, whisky and wine when returning from port stop and never been asked to pay corkage or told they’d confiscate it. 

on the Royal 2 days ago in mazatlan when reboarding there was an alcohol table and there was sn alcohol table. They were going to confiscate my wine. I politely told them I had purchased sn alcohol package and every white wine by the glass gave me a stomach ache. There was absolutely no decent white wine on board by the glass. He looked at me and told me to go ahead. No corkage . 

• Like 1