LIGHTS…CAMERA…CARNIVAL CELEBRATION! CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE REVEALS NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN LIVE ENTERTAINMENT TO DEBUT ON ITS NEWEST

BlerkOne

The new shows sound appealing, but far from the best entertainment at sea.  Carnival excels at comedy and that is what sets themselves far apart from their competition.  Celestial Strings and Voodoo Moon are a step above what is on the majority of the fleet, but Carnival doesn't have the big "Broadway Light" shows that NCL and RCI have on many of their ships and of course don't have the aqua shows and ice skating shows that are on RCI. 

But, with that being said, the Excel Class is a game changer for the line.  We have enjoyed two different B2B's this year on the MG and have 33 nights reserved on the Celebration that we are very much looking forward to.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The new shows sound appealing, but far from the best entertainment at sea.  Carnival excels at comedy and that is what sets themselves far apart from their competition.  Celestial Strings and Voodoo Moon are a step above what is on the majority of the fleet, but Carnival doesn't have the big "Broadway Light" shows that NCL and RCI have on many of their ships and of course don't have the aqua shows and ice skating shows that are on RCI. 

But, with that being said, the Excel Class is a game changer for the line.  We have enjoyed two different B2B's this year on the MG and have 33 nights reserved on the Celebration that we are very much looking forward to.

33 consecutive nights?  B2B2B2B?  Or throughout the year?  Either way, I'm jealous!😁

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

My guess is that Carnival's choice not to do "Broadway Light" shows is deliberate.  Not because of expense; it' that their market demographic isn't necessarily interested in Broadway Shows.  They would rather see the type of show that is popular in Las Vegas, such as the "Cirque du Soleil" shows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

33 consecutive nights?  B2B2B2B?  Or throughout the year?  Either way, I'm jealous!😁

I wish.  5 in January, 14 in September, 14 in January 2024.  Really think that the new additions and the revamped French Quarter with their new bars will raise the bar a notch.

Any reports of cruise passengers being violent crime victims?

I lived in Chicago for 30 years and have been on many cruises to Mexico, and I feel (and actually am) much, much safer walking around in the tourist areas of any cruise port in Mexico than in many neighborhoods of my old hometown.

Edited by staceyglow

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Totally agree about the shows. Yes they were good but as you said far from best at sea. Saw Mama Mia last night on Allure of the Seas. Beats anything Ive seen on Carnival.

7 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I wish.  5 in January, 14 in September, 14 in January 2024.  Really think that the new additions and the revamped French Quarter with their new bars will raise the bar a notch.

Sounds awesome!  I loved MG and hope we can cruise on Celebration soon!