Masks off!

uktog

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, BCfisherman2016 said:

any update on masks use on the rest of the fleet? Is the crew mandate over for all boats?

Yes it is. Has been since early October 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

Is it a last bit of "back to normal"? I then have a really hard time understanding why they do not start embarkation until 2 pm.

It is back to normal but with more extensive deep cleaning activities.  Personally I am very happy with that and 2pm is fine

• Like 6

On Quest a few weeks ago - told it was the first cruise when crew could mask or not as they felt comfortable. Beginning of the cruise many not masking (good to see they felt comfortable making their own choice) but as C cases rose all customer contact crew were masking and even the Captain (obviously and sensibly) masked when not speaking on the stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trebor111 said:

On Quest a few weeks ago - told it was the first cruise when crew could mask or not as they felt comfortable. Beginning of the cruise many not masking (good to see they felt comfortable making their own choice) but as C cases rose all customer contact crew were masking and even the Captain (obviously and sensibly) masked when not speaking on the stage.

Good to know!  Was everything else back? Like bingo and officer dinners? Etc..

Still no officers dinners with groups of guests on any ship

Bingo was offered on Journey, they offer it once, they only offer it a second time if there is reasonable take up on the first game.  Very few play these days

17 hours ago, uktog said:

Still no officers dinners with groups of guests on any ship

Bingo was offered on Journey, they offer it once, they only offer it a second time if there is reasonable take up on the first game.  Very few play these days

Whilst not strictly hosting the table Iwan (f&b manager) was at our Chef's Table in full uniform.

59 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

Whilst not strictly hosting the table Iwan (f&b manager) was at our Chef's Table in full uniform.

Good to hear that some of the fun officer stuff is happening..
About bingo: We have a 7 day stretch at sea coming up in a few weeks and I don’t know what I will do with myself!  Maybe I can get a dice game going with the crew? 

2 minutes ago, BCfisherman2016 said:

Good to hear that some of the fun officer stuff is happening..
About bingo: We have a 7 day stretch at sea coming up in a few weeks and I don’t know what I will do with myself!  Maybe I can get a dice game going with the crew? 

I think individual ships have different approaches but even without dinner you can have interactions. 
If it’s a transoceanic trip there will be more activities but unless there’s a lot of bingo players it’s only going to be a few games across the cruise. I’d be ready to do other things or head to the library early cruise for materials 

• Like 1