Advice for a newbie: Holiday/Xmas Meals in Luminae?

woostergirl

I'm sailing on Beyond's Holiday/Christmas sailing (Dec 18-26) in a Sky Suite. I saw on another thread that mentioned special holiday menus at the specialty dining restaurants and some people recommended Fine Cut. So my newbie questions are:

• Are there special holiday meals at Luminae for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day?
  • Would you recommend booking a specialty dining dinner on Xmas Eve/Xmas Day over dining at Luminae (or the main dining rooms)?

We already have reservations for Le Voyage and LPC on two of the other non-Xmas nights. I've read great things about Luminae and am leaning towards just experiencing Luminae for the holiday meals but we have some OBC to use. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Someone posted that the Murano dinner was $122 pp and there was no menu released.  They were debating between Luminae & Murano until they saw the price of Murano.

I saw that, too...but durned if I remember what thread. But I remember thinking 'no way'...

ETA:  Found it...

Edited by dlh015

15 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I don't think this is a link to a muranos menu for NYE. If it is I'm all in. 

No, it isn't...it's a link to the $122 pp discussion of the (seemingly) non-existent menu...

It does have links to menus but those menus have been disputed...as you have noted in that thread...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread...

• Like 1

I want to preface by saying I haven't been on during Xmas / New Year but have been on for Thanksgiving.    They did host a Special Dinner in Murano which I was say was similar to the Holiday menu above and I would aliken it to the Chef's Table Menu with wine pairing. 

In MDR / Blu / Lumina they had the regular menu but had a special Turkey Dinner choice.   They also had pumpkin pie which is my favorite pie and it was terrible.   Come on - how can you screw up a pumpkin pie just use the recipe on Libby's Canned Pumpkin.    Ok I was born on Thanksgiving and am particular.  LOL

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

.    Ok I was born on Thanksgiving and am particular.  LOL

So do you celebrate on the date of your birth or do you celebrate your birthday on Thanksgiving Day since the date changes yearly? 

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

So do you celebrate on the date of your birth or do you celebrate your birthday on Thanksgiving Day since the date changes yearly? 

I only hit Thanksgiving about every 5 - 11 years.   Leap years screws up all lineal calculations -

2015, 2020, 2026, 2037, 2043, 2048, 2054, 2065, 2071, 2076, 2082, 2093, 2099

I always celebrate on my real Birthday.  One year while on Millennium Iain through a birthday party for me with 10 friends in the Wine Cellar in Murano. 

51 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I want to preface by saying I haven't been on during Xmas / New Year but have been on for Thanksgiving.    They did host a Special Dinner in Murano which I was say was similar to the Holiday menu above and I would aliken it to the Chef's Table Menu with wine pairing. 

In MDR / Blu / Lumina they had the regular menu but had a special Turkey Dinner choice.   They also had pumpkin pie which is my favorite pie and it was terrible.   Come on - how can you screw up a pumpkin pie just use the recipe on Libby's Canned Pumpkin.    Ok I was born on Thanksgiving and am particular.  LOL

My birthday often falls on Thanksgiving.  As far as the pie, the crust makes it or breaks it for me, then comes the filling. Agree, follow the Libby's recipe.

I'm glad we booked Murano's, especially since you did not see a special menu in Luminae on Thanksgiving. The one showing on the app is underwhelming. There are very few things I won't eat and can't eat spicy food at night. Luminae has managed to offer most of them on NYE.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I only hit Thanksgiving about every 5 - 11 years.   Leap years screws up all lineal calculations -

2015, 2020, 2026, 2037, 2043, 2048, 2054, 2065, 2071, 2076, 2082, 2093, 2099

I always celebrate on my real Birthday.  One year while on Millennium Iain through a birthday party for me with 10 friends in the Wine Cellar in Murano. 

I guess I should have put a smiley face on my post!  

That was very nice of Iain to throw you a party, but then I expect you two do things like for each other all the time.