Carry on Bag

Wuffo

10 minutes ago, Wuffo said:

I think my wife is over thinking it. She has her backpack but also has a under seat rolling bag can these both count as carry on bags?

There is no real limit on bags on the ship (checked or hand carried). Check with your airline for their specific limitations/costs. 

Our general philosophy about ships is to minimize hand carry. We don't want to be trying to maneuver a roller bag and a back pack through embarkation, muster, and the buffet. Too many people crammed into elevators and at the buffet.... and we need to hands for our plates 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We  pack light, one roller board and backpack which we  do  not give up at the Port.  Easy.  Too many times notices delivered to room with pictures of "lost luggage" not making it to rooms.  I know everyone has their comfort zone with travelling, this is  just our way

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Too many people crammed into elevators and at the buffet.... and we need to hands for our plates 🙂

This one is simple.  Passenger one grabs a beverage at the buffet bar and kicks back at a table of choice while everybody else grabs their food.  What am I missing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

We never eat in the buffet on embarkation day. We head to the MDR where we can be served a nice, relaxed lunch while waiting for our room to be ready.  Plenty of space to put the roller bag next to a wall and out of the way.

Exactly what we have always done too.

6 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

yes, you can.  Unless that has changed since COVID

I have only seen that option available on the Jewel class ships or smaller, both pre and post Covid. If someone knows where that might be available on the Away/Away+ ships, please share as I might want to take advantage next time I cruise.

5 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I have only seen that option available on the Jewel class ships or smaller, both pre and post Covid. If someone knows where that might be available on the Away/Away+ ships, please share as I might want to take advantage next time I cruise.

I'm on the getaway next Saturday.  I tend to get to the ship around Noon to avoid the crowds, and by the time I finish lunch the rooms are ready.  that being said,  I'll try to remember to scope out if it's offered, and where and report back.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm on the getaway next Saturday.  I tend to get to the ship around Noon to avoid the crowds, and by the time I finish lunch the rooms are ready.  that being said,  I'll try to remember to scope out if it's offered, and where and report back.

Enjoy your cruise. Getaway was my first NCL ship and still one of my favorites.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 10:55 AM, debenson0723 said:

Enjoy your cruise. Getaway was my first NCL ship and still one of my favorites.

I got to the port around 12:30 and rooms were already ready.  so, I don't know if they offered the luggage drop off area

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 8:53 AM, Swells1 said:

It's been a while since I've cruised, but can you not still drop your carry-on at a designated bar or club until your cabin is ready?

I've never seen this in any of my cruises.

We do our best to arrive later in the afternoon when the hubbabaloo has died down. Drop our main bags with the porter, keep a backpack/laptop bag with important documents with us. Grab lunch, then the room is ready and we're on our way.