If you prebook and pay for Specialty Dining before boarding, is the Mariner discount OBC refundable?

canadarocks

Asked this a few times on a prior thread, but never got a response. I know if I prebook the specialty restaurants, I pay full price (not part of HIA). And I know my Mariner discount will be credited as OBC once we are onboard. Does anyone know whether that specific OBC is refundable?

I book several nights dinner in-advance, I pay the full price for the 2 of us and after we have dinner each night i see a credit for 1/2 the original cost posted as a credit.

im not sure how the new 18% service charge will be handles.

32 minutes ago, Roktory said:

I book several nights dinner in-advance, I pay the full price for the 2 of us and after we have dinner each night i see a credit for 1/2 the original cost posted as a credit.

im not sure how the new 18% service charge will be handles.

You will pay the full service charge (just as you do on the wine packages).  The discount will be applied to the base cost (before gratuity), I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

You will pay the full service charge (just as you do on the wine packages).  The discount will be applied to the base cost (before gratuity), I believe. 

On my August cruise I paid the full 18% service charge on the one meal I got for 50% off, but no charge at all for the free meals (2) I received for being 5 Star.

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

On my August cruise I paid the full 18% service charge on the one meal I got for 50% off, but no charge at all for the free meals (2) I received for being 5 Star.

thanks.  I didn’t include the 5* benefit in my post as yes, it is totally free assuming you can get it applied 😉 

Yes, the mariner discount is fully refundable to your credit card if you don't use it onboard.  I pre-booked Sel de Mer for my travel party last December, and possibly other specialty dining that cruise and the next one last February, and the credit was listed as refundable obc while the "free" obc was listed as nonrefundable obc.  

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

I pre-booked Sel de Mer for my travel party last December, and possibly other specialty dining that cruise and the next one last February, and the credit was listed as refundable obc while the "free" obc was listed as nonrefundable obc.

I am curious (as I have a reservation for the two of us at Rudi's) -- Sel de Mer is NOT included in any of the Mariner benefits listed on line. Not the 4* and 5* 50%, not the 5* free, and not the 3* 25% off. Has there been a change that didn't get updated on the website?

10 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I am curious (as I have a reservation for the two of us at Rudi's) -- Sel de Mer is NOT included in any of the Mariner benefits listed on line. Not the 4* and 5* 50%, not the 5* free, and not the 3* 25% off. Has there been a change that didn't get updated on the website?

Sel de Mer used to be included in the 50% discount for 4 & 5 star mariners & 25% for 3 star, and then it changed to 25% only for 4 & 5 star.  I'm not aware of another change since that one.  I have it booked in December on the Eurodam but since that's a pop-up I expect to receive the cancellation notice.  If I decide to book it in March on Nieuw Statendam we'll probably wait until we're onboard.  

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1