LUGGAGE

GeriatricNurse

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Perhaps but I've read too many comments complaining about the need to tip the porters, about how if you don't tip them, bad things happen to your bags.

Probably happens one out of a million times. Never seen it, we give the porters 1-2 checked bags and I give them 5 bucks. My wife and I each bring a rolling carry on along with a back pack. We that we each pack 2-3 changes of clothes meds,, laptops, and my camera gear. Any snorkel and dive gear gets checked.

If you want to play it really safe get yourself a couple Tiles or Apple Air Tags, I've been using the Tiles for 5-6 years and they work great

https://amzn.to/3egRLzJ

https://amzn.to/3rFkNfJ

Nobody is going to care what you carry on or check as long as your night trying to check a steamer truck

Edited by Laszlo

2 hours ago, CptAleSpill said:

So you have the photo of somebody with luggage in a buffet line to prove it?  Post it cowboy!!

Nice try, but we don't play the photo game here. Nor do you as I've not seen any photos posted to support your posts. 🤔

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 4:10 PM, CptAleSpill said:

Absolutely.  There are also three times as many things that people just make up on the internet.  I was just asking for confirmation that it was a "real" concern.  So far?  Crickets.....

Chirp, chirp...

Yes, I have seen people's carry on luggage causing problems in the buffet and elsewhere on the ship.

Keep cruising (traveling), the experiences will broaden your horizons.

On 10/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, BirdTravels said:

As long it fits through a standard airport scanner, you're o.k. That being said, your fellow passengers would greatly prefer that you check your luggage with the porters. The terminal, gangway, and ship is very crowded and busy on embarkation day.  

Please speak for yourself @BirdTravels.  Frankly, I'm just fine with any passenger bringing their own bag on board if they so choose.  And if others don't like that I roll-aboard, that is their issue to deal with.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

Just so we are clear, could you define a "classic CC member."  And yes, @SeaShark, I used quotation marks.

As was said once about a different topic, I don't think I can define "classic CC member", but I know one when I see one.