Any recent Puerto Plata stops

dbrown84

Anyone been to Puerto Plata in the last few months?  I have an upcoming cruise with a Puerto Plata stop and can't figure out which port NCL now uses.  The NCL websites still says they dock at Amber Cove while folks have reported that NCL now uses Taino Bay.  To make matters worse, both the Amber Cove and Taino Bay websites have the Getaway on their calendars for the same days. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Swells1 said:

I'll be going in three weeks and I'll report back. 

I appreciate that.  I actually cruise next Saturday, so I'll find out.  I'll watch out for any live feeds for the cruise that leaves out today on the Getaway.  They will be in DR on Thursday.  I wanted to hire a driver which is why I wanted to be sure of which pier we're using.  I think I'll just pick up a taxi outside of whichever port

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 12:05 PM, dbrown84 said:

Will do 

Unfortunately, I just boarded to find out DR has been dropped on our sailing.  We're going to Nassau now.  I'm definitely disappointed, but a few more beers and I'll be alright 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Unfortunately, I just boarded to find out DR has been dropped on our sailing.  We're going to Nassau now.  I'm definitely disappointed, but a few more beers and I'll be alright 

What's the reason? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 3:33 PM, dbrown84 said:

Sorry you didn't get to go at all.  Was there ever an explanation?  Did you just get another sea day? 

7 hours ago, alwalaska said:

Sorry you didn't get to go at all.  Was there ever an explanation?  Did you just get another sea day? 

I never heard a reason.  We went to Nassau instead.  Our other two stops were San Juan and St Thomas which are both in the US.  So I think they had to get in a foreign port else get into trouble with the US 

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I never heard a reason.  We went to Nassau instead.  Our other two stops were San Juan and St Thomas which are both in the US.  So I think they had to get in a foreign port else get into trouble with the US 

Thanks for the update.  Needing the foreign port totally makes sense.  

Yes, any foreign port was required under U.S. law for your closed loop cruise. 

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, any foreign port was required under U.S. law for your closed loop cruise. 

St. Thomas and San Juan are foreign ports when it come to closed loop cruises.  The only time a "distant foreign port" is required is on reposition cruises.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beaver1975 said:

St. Thomas and San Juan are foreign ports when it come to closed loop cruises.  The only time a "distant foreign port" is required is on reposition cruises.

ahhh.  didn't know that.