On board toiletries

Scotsquine43

We are due to board the QM2 in November.   This will be our first time back on Cunard since the pandemic.   I was wondering if staterooms still come with a full supply of the lovely penhaligans toiletries, or do I need to bring all my own.  

Thank you.  

Just off and well cared for with the supply available. 

Hand Soap, Body Wash, Body Lotion, Shampoo, Conditioner. If needed Bar Soap available on request.  

Unfortunately in large bottles so no freebies to take home as in the past.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Hand Soap, Body Wash, Body Lotion, Shampoo, Conditioner. If needed Bar Soap available on request.  

Still Penhaligans?

If so, perhaps someone somewhere will recognize the marketing value in stocking take-home sizes in the ship's store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Bring a few empty bottles from home and refill from the large ones. Problem solved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Re; no Freebies ...In conversation with my Steward only a couple of months ago, I just happened  to mention that my next door neighbours at home will now be disappointed that Cunard have Penhaligan's in large bottles , as I'd usually  taken the bottles home for them, for keeping an eye on my house when I'm away. 

No problem Sir ! We still have a limited  supply ( of the smaller ones)  here in my Steward's Locker. ! ......10 mins later he knocked on the door and handed me almost a bag full. 😉  

I guess It's not what you know, it's who you know.  lol  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Or how polite you are with your  room attendants with your interactions.  🙂

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, Bell Boy said:

Re; no Freebies ...In conversation with my Steward only a couple of months ago, I just happened  to mention that my next door neighbours at home will now be disappointed that Cunard have Penhaligan's in large bottles , as I'd usually  taken the bottles home for them, for keeping an eye on my house when I'm away. 

No problem Sir ! We still have a limited  supply ( of the smaller ones)  here in my Steward's Locker. ! ......10 mins later he knocked on the door and handed me almost a bag full. 😉  

Unfortunately I don't need to bring home stuff. I throw away extra what I brought so not to carry it.

On board products are meant to be use on board. I'll enjoy it again when we sail again. Sorry.....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Unfortunately I don't need to bring home stuff. I throw away extra what I brought so not to carry it.

On board products are meant to be use on board. I'll enjoy it again when we sail again. Sorry.....

My post was a bit of Banter , Each to his/her own.  I've a wealth of Cunard cruising experience , nowhere I have I read that certain onboard products may not be removed for use at a later date . 

Edited by Bell Boy

19 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

My post was a bit of Banter , Each to his/her own.  I've a wealth of Cunard cruising experience , nowhere I have I read that certain onboard products may not be removed for use at a later date . 

True, but we valiantly try and leave unopened Pol Aker in the cabin. The Gin comes with us if there's a decent amount left in the bottle. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

We too have a considerable amount of Sailing experience. If items commonly suggested to take home we would appreciate the gesture to remember the sailing with it's use. But the containers that are on board now are for large quantity use and easy cleansing as our Stewardess noted to us. An easy refill and surface wipe down for continuous use. And this is what we expected before boarding in reading these posts. 

13 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We too have a considerable amount of Sailing experience. If items commonly suggested to take home we would appreciate the gesture to remember the sailing with it's use. But the containers that are on board now are for large quantity use and easy cleansing as our Stewardess noted to us. An easy refill and surface wipe down for continuous use. And this is what we expected before boarding in reading these posts. 

Of course I  wouldn't dream of removing those large new products, in fact I've never ever used the Penhaligian stuff.  Much prefer my own person products , L'OREAL for Men Expert , one of the reasons I look 10 years than I am. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

While Cunard previously did not mind the removal of a vial or two of Toiletries, they did and still do charge if you take a robe or two from the room. Towels are great but can be purchased in bulk from their Brooklyn NY towel supplier at very low rates.

7 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Of course I  wouldn't dream of removing those large new products, in fact I've never ever used the Penhaligian stuff.  Much prefer my own person products , L'OREAL for Men Expert , one of the reasons I look 10 years than I am.  

Interesting I use their items as a source of convenience for traveling. Of course some other items are not supplied and will bring them along. But unfortunately I don't need anything special to look great. I am told I look 20 years younger. I don't believe in commercial products but proper nutrients.

But I do appreciate their products like I find in other locations we stay at.  

• Like 1

On the QE in Princess Grill I was surprised we had a bottle of conditioner which I expected to have to request. But there was no bar of soap or the cotton balls and Q-tips.

A sign in the bathrooms requests passengers leave the big bottles for the use of other passengers - just in case there was any doubt.

2 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

On the QE in Princess Grill I was surprised we had a bottle of conditioner which I expected to have to request. But there was no bar of soap or the cotton balls and Q-tips.

A sign in the bathrooms requests passengers leave the big bottles for the use of other passengers - just in case there was any doubt.

I'd gladly buy one of the big  liquid hand soaps for guests to use. The Quercus soap fragrance is divine and I haven't been able to source it in the UK.

41 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

https://www.penhaligons.com/uk/en - SIL purchases as a reminder of sailing on the Queens

I think you'll find it's out of stock Shop 300 ml QUERCUS BODY & HAND WASH | Penhaligon's - British Perfumers Established 1870 (penhaligons.com) thus @Victoria2 not being able to source it in the UK.

• Like 1