platinum internet

eyegirl

If you are planning on getting the drink package you should look at the "Princess Plus" deal which includes internet.  Also...your itinerary can be a HUGE factor in how well the internet works for you.  In some parts of the world (primarily northerly latitudes and trans-ocean cruises) the internet is very poor to non-existent.

7 minutes ago, eyegirl said:

This will be my first time sailing with the Medallion, as a platinum member. Should I book it before traveling or while on the ship to get my 50% off?

Thank you

Pre cruise. If you wait till OB the rate is higher. Book MedallionNet on the App. It should show your 50% discount.

On our cruise back in August, I was able to book at the 50% discount rate in the app. For our February 23 cruise, it wants to charge me full price. I'm waiting it out on this to see if they get it fixed. I'd rather not book full price and then possibly have a hassle getting a credit on board. Your mileage may vary. You may be able to book in the app at the discount price.

59 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

i booked the upgrade from 1 to 4 devices as soon as we boarded & got the 50% discount--waited because we had more OBC than we would use (you should have seen us wandering around the ship trying to find things to buy) & wanted to pay with that not my own money

You got 50% because you are platinum or are they running a promotion?

5 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

You got 50% because you are platinum or are they running a promotion?

sorry, because I am platinum, but I think it is cheaper if you buy before sailing (at least it was in January)

this is what I think it is

before sailing 1 device = $10/day (also to upgrade from 1 to 4 devices) 4 devices = $20/day

after boarding I think it is $15 & $30 

the before sailing prices are correct, I am not positive about the post departure prices

then the Platinum discount would be 1/2 of any of those but on the first day before we sailed I got the upgrade for $5/day using my OBC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

On our cruise back in August, I was able to book at the 50% discount rate in the app. For our February 23 cruise, it wants to charge me full price. I'm waiting it out on this to see if they get it fixed. I'd rather not book full price and then possibly have a hassle getting a credit on board. Your mileage may vary. You may be able to book in the app at the discount price.

I have now either completed or have pending 6 cruises since January 1.  They have all been consistent in that before the cruise the internet has been full price via the App and the 50% discount given as refundable OBC on board. 

Previously you had to book in advance to get the 50% off and they'd give you OBC for the 50% because you pay the full rate.  Since I don't use their faulty APP last cruise I was able to buy the internet on board at the elite rate. Their web version which I use instead of the APP doesn't allow for internet purchase. Mention your app didn't work properly or you didn't use an app if they give you a hassle but I had no issue and needed no excuses.

I tried to buy the Medallion internet today on the app for 1 device and the purchase price showed the full price ($69 and change I believe) and said I would receive a 50% discount for being Platinum in obc on board.  I couldn't  get the purchase to go through(received an error message)I chatted with Princess and they said I need to call back tomorrow for assistance.