First time Regent cruiser question about embarkation

Mo.nj2va

Hi! Not only am I going on my first Regent cruise in January (less than 90 days!) but it will be my first ever cruise! I check out these posts every day and have picked up some great tips. I have a question about what most people tend to wear when embarking - jeans, slacks, shorts? Cruise leaves from Miami and I don’t want to underdress or overdress. Thanks for any advice!

Something I've found to be useful the first time I'm on a particular ship is after boarding and having a refreshing beverage or three is to go up to the highest deck and walk around it, learning what and where is there.  Then go down a deck and repeat. By the end you'll have gotten a good idea about the ship, and by then your luggage may well have arrived in your cabin and you can go unpack. Some decks are all cabins, as the deck plans posted on every level will make clear, and can be skipped since all you'll see are long corridors with doors to the suites along them.
The elevators are often busy on embarkation day, but walking down a deck via the stairs is a simple alternative.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer
  • Like 6

For embarkation I just dress casually.  When sailing from Miami I wear white capris a colorful top and comfy shoes. A lightweight sweater is always good to have with you for air conditioned spaces.  I find jeans too warm for tropical cruises so I don’t bring any.  
I think the Chico’s or Talbots look is the way to go.  No need for sequins and gowns.

Have a great trip!  You’re going to love it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! I have to remind myself that January in Miami is not July in Miami - not as hot and humid! Just plan to be comfortable for checking in, eating lunch, and exploring the ship, before we really get underway.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:13 PM, Mo.nj2va said:

Thanks for the advice! I have to remind myself that January in Miami is not July in Miami - not as hot and humid! Just plan to be comfortable for checking in, eating lunch, and exploring the ship, before we really get underway.

In fact you never know, it could be quite chilly. 

On 10/10/2022 at 10:50 PM, DavidTheWonderer said:

Something I've found to be useful the first time I'm on a particular ship is after boarding and having a refreshing beverage or three is to go up to the highest deck and walk around it, learning what and where is there.  Then go down a deck and repeat. By the end you'll have gotten a good idea about the ship, and by then your luggage may well have arrived in your cabin and you can go unpack. Some decks are all cabins, as the deck plans posted on every level will make clear, and can be skipped since all you'll see are long corridors with doors to the suites along them.
The elevators are often busy on embarkation day, but walking down a deck via the stairs is a simple alternative.

I do the same.

Last cruise out of Miami in January was January 2022 on Regent.  I wore some colorful printed capris, a sleeveless top, and had a light jacket which I didn’t need. Plus comfortable shoes.  Coming back, again in Miami, it was quite cool, and I believe I wore jeans, a warmer top and same jacket which I did need.

• Like 1